- Platform: Nintendo 3DS
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 4.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Super Monkey Ball 3D
- Let yourself be completely immersed in the world of Super Monkey Ball like never before. Watch as your favorite monkeys truly come alive in front of your eyes.
- Three compelling gameplay choices in one. Enjoy classic Super Monkey Ball puzzles, frantic car battles in Monkey Race and all-out manic brawls in Monkey Fight.
- Choose to use either the motion sensor or Slide Pad to navigate the puzzle mazes with complete precision. Balance speed and skill to collect as many bananas as possible within the time limit.
- Compete via wireless connection with up to four players in Monkey Race and Monkey Fight in the best 3D social experience you can have in the palm of your hand.
- Utilize the advanced features of the Nintendo 3DS to enhance gameplay options like you never thought possible.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Amazon.ca Product Description
Super Monkey Ball for Nintendo 3DS offers a whole new level of interactivity and fun, whilst completely immersing you in the world of your favorite monkeys - AiAi, MeeMee, GonGon and Baby - as they truly come alive in front of your eyes. Taking advantage of the power of the Nintendo 3DS, players can let themselves loose in each new vibrant world as they twist and turn whilst aiming to collect every banana in the fastest time possible. This latest installment contains three brand-new compelling gameplay choices including single-player puzzle levels, Monkey Race and Monkey Fight. These new game modes give players the chance to compete via wireless connection with up to four players in the best 3D social experience possible in the palm of their hands. In addition, Super Monkey Ball fans will be able to choose between the Nintendo 3DS motion sensor or the Slide Pad to navigate the puzzle mazes with complete precision.
Super Monkey Ball 3D is a unique Action-Party game for the Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming system.* Blending the classic banana-collecting puzzles and manic action gameplay that the Super Monkey Ball franchise is known for with handheld 3D visuals and functionality only possible with Nintendo 3DS, the game is an excellent introduction game to the 3DS hardware, as well as a sure hit with both new and longtime fans of the Super Monkey Ball franchise. Features include: 3 full game modes, crisp adjustable 3D graphics, four-player wireless multiplayer in select modes, your choice of control options and more.
Super Monkey Ball Goes 3D
This is Super Monkey Ball as you've never experienced before. In Super Monkey Ball 3D players join AiAi and friends as you tilt and roll your way in to the world of 3D. Lose yourself in each vibrant world as you twist, turn and aim to collect every banana in the fastest time possible. Not just a world to explore on your own, Super Monkey Ball 3D allows you to play together with friends and be the first to cross the finish line in Monkey Race or get ready for a manic melee in Monkey Fight. Everyone's favorite monkeys are jumping out of the screen with excitement. Are you ready to join the fun!?
Nintendo 3DS is a groundbreaking hardware release that brings 3D gaming to the handheld market for the first time. The fourth major release in the DS product line, the Nintendo 3DS utilizes 3D Slider functionality and an improved top LCD display to present a glasses-free 3D effect in compatible games, while giving players the option to moderate the effect as they see fit. Taken together with additional features including full analog control in 3D game environments, motion and gyro sensors that transfer the movements of the handheld into the game, 3D camera functionality, an adjustable stylus and full backwards compatibility and you have not only a must-have system, but a revolution in handheld gaming.
Key Game Features
- All-new 3D Super Monkey Ball Action - Let yourself be completely immersed in the world of Super Monkey Ball like never before. Watch as your favorite monkeys truly come alive in front of your eyes.
- 3 Full Game Modes - Three compelling gameplay choices in one. Enjoy classic Super Monkey Ball puzzles, frantic car battles in Monkey Race and all-out manic brawls in Monkey Fight.
- Perfect Control with Nintendo 3DS - Choose to use either the motion sensor or Slide Pad to navigate the puzzle mazes with complete precision. Balance speed and skill to collect as many bananas as possible within the time limit.
- Crazy Multiplayer Action - Compete via wireless connection with up to four players in Monkey Race and Monkey Fight in the best 3D social experience you can have in the palm of your hand.
4-player wireless support.
Franchise famous puzzle play.
3 full game modes.
Your choice of control options.
* Nintendo 3DS sold separately.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The graphics were neat! I like the 3D effect but I couldn't have my 3D slider all the way up or it gets a bit too blurry.
Sounds were great just like you would expect!
Level design is where it falls apart. They make the levels so extremely easy there is no challenge. I remember in the first and second SMB games how my cousin and I would spend hours trying to figure out higher difficulty levels and cool tricks you could do. On this game I felt like the very final world of levels (world 8) was just low medium difficulty on the SMB 1&2 games. There are no advanced or expert stages, the whole game is just easy. Even on the very final stages you still had guard rails protecting you for 70% of the level so you didn't fall... and they get in the way more than anything else! And then they place mud around the stages... not in strategic or challenging places... they place it in a spot that just slows you down for no reason other than to slow you down in a place you can't avoid. What is the point of that?
If they would update this game and add some advanced and expert levels, then it would go to a 5 stars no problem! But this is not what I expected from a SMB game and the level designers should never work on one again.
This game comes in traditional packaging for the 3DS, and has a small pamphlet showing how things work and introducing characters of the Super Monkey Ball series. As for the game in the 3DS, the splash screen is not the traditional 3D revolving logo, but a image that jumps up and down.
The game is very easy to get, but relatively hard to master. The characters have no distinct differences in gameplay, so any one you choose will work the same as the others. You go through simple levels while getting bananas to reach a goal.
The game's level designs are very simple, ranging from basic lines to intricate designs that make you think. The game doesn't ever get very difficult, though, so there was a lack of intricacy somewhere in the designs. There's bumpers around the edges of the levels, so you're not going to die easily (if at all). This is probably the most annoying thing about the game- you almost never die, so there's no point in collecting the bananas in the stage (30 get you a life). Compared to my experience with the Game Boy Advance version, this game seems like it was designed for the 10-and-under crowd.
The motion sensor is very boring, actually, and is nowhere near as precise as the joystick imput.
I got this game on sale for $10 here on Amazon, so I'm not going to complain too much. However, I don't believe that it's worth anything more than $10, due to it's over simplicity.