- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Seven Secrets to Raising a Happy and Healthy Child: The Mind/Body Approach to Parenting Paperback – Jun 1 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Joyce Golden Seyburn has worked with Deepak Chopra doing research on the Ayurvedic approach to child care for several years, and has been a feature writer for The Detroit News.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is my first foray into Ayurveda and I find that part interesting, but I clearly need a different resource since her instructions are specific to pregnancy & babies. For example, she tells you how to evaluate your baby and yourself, but I'm not sure how to evaluate my kids -- do I think back to whether they had diaper rash as a baby & apply that to their current state "diagnosis"? Many of the eating recommendations specify that they are for pregnancy only. While she uses many anecdotal stories of her granddaughter to illustrate her points, I would have been helped by more illustrative examples of how her concepts have been implemented by families and the impacts that have resulted, practical application, etc.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Household Hints
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Ayurveda
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Creative Visualization
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Parenting & Families
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pediatrics
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Infants
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pediatrics