Seventy Years of Issues: Historical Vocal 78 rpm Pressings from Original Masters 1931-2001 Paperback – Jan 1 2001
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Short-listed for the 2002 Award for Excellence in Historical Recorded Sound Research
In the seventy years since 1931, various organizations large and small, including several semi-private ones, have issued or re-issued various original 78 rpm recordings from original metal plates. No comprehensive listing of these has ever before appeared; this is the first, and gathers together all the various information of ongoing interest. This is a most important addition to the record-collecting bibliography.
About the Author
Tom Peel contributes regularly to The Record Collector and does research at the National Sound Archive. In addition, he is a Trustee of the Carl Rosa Opera Company.
John Stratton has contributed articles on singing to The Record Collector, Opera Quarterly, and the British Institute of Recorded Sound. For twenty-five years he was a teacher of philosophy at Ryerson Polytechnic University.
The Earl of Harewood founded Opera magazine in 1950 and maintains a connection with various English music festivals. He was director of the Royal Opera House in the 1950s, director of the Edinburgh Festival from 1961 to 1965, and director of the English National Opera from 1972.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
Was blown away by all the information it contains.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Deals in Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Catalogues & Directories > Catalogues
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Bibliographies & Indexes > History
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Bibliographies & Indexes > Music
- Books > History > Historical Study > Reference
- Books > History > Historical Study > Social History
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Reference