Sexual Harassment: Issues and Answers Hardcover – Dec 28 2000
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
(1st review takes up two fields) "LeMoncheck and Sterba's anthology on sexual harassment is a 'must read' for anyone who thinks that they understand this crucial issue. The authors who contributed to Sexual Harassment: Issues and Answers raise many provocative questions about this issue, but none of them raises a question more challenging than the one LeMoncheck and Sterba themselves ask: namely, 'Whose decisions count in answering the important questions raised by sexual harassment?' Clearly, as LeMoncheck and Sterba suggest, in the multicultural and international world which we all populate, the decisions should not rest exclusively in the hands of affluent, Anglo-European, heterosexual men. Women, lesbian and heterosexual, light- and dark-skinned, poor and rich, in developed and developing nations, need to be the primary decision makers when it comes to setting public policies on sexual harassment.
In compiling this creative and comprehensive anthology, LeMoncheck and Sterba have performed a service not only for philosophers, academicians, and business executives, but also for social activists, workers, students, and the public in general. They should be applauded for successfully bridging the gap between theory and practice in their concerted effort to help eliminate one of the major causes for the continuation of gender-based inequalities."--Rosemarie Tong, Department of Philosophy, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
About the Author
Linda LeMoncheck and James P. Sterba are both at University of Southern California.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Unemployment
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction > Civil Rights
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction > Philosophy
- Books > Law > Business > Labour & Employment
- Books > Law > Constitutional Law > Civil Rights
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Social Situations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Labour & Industrial Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Unemployment