- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
She Speaks: Monologues for Women Paperback – Feb 1 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Author
"When I wrote my first play, The Crackwalker, I gave each of the characters a monologue, framing the play—and they were all audience addresses. "Who are they talking to?" the actors would ask, in frustration. And I could only reply "the audience." I hated the idea of a phony set-up with a social worker, or a psychiatrist, or someone in the "listening" professions—to justify a long monologue; never explain, the monologue is part of a long theatrical tradition, it is direct, it is intimate. And there is no looking away from it, we must go on the journey of the monologue with the character, even if he or she is breathing fire that burns the air we breathe." (2011-10-13)
About the Author
Judith Thompson is a two-time winner of the Governor General's Literary Award for White Biting Dog and The Other Side of the Dark. In 2006 she was invested as an Officer in the Order of Canada and in 2008 she was awarded the prestigious Susan Smith Blackburn Prize for her play Palace of the End. Judith is a professor of drama at the University of Guelph and lives with her husband and five children in Toronto.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Drama
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > Anthologies
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > Canadian
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature