Side by Side Plus 3 - Life Skills, Standards & Test Prep (3rd Edition) Paperback – Jan 4 2008
Back to University 2016
Save on College Prep Essentials on Amazon.ca. Shop now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Side by Side has helped over 25 million students worldwide persist and succeed as language learners. Now, in this special edition for adult learners in standards-based programs, Side by Side Plus builds students' general language proficiency and prepares them for their life-skill roles in the community, family, school, and at work. Easy-to-use teacher support materials include hundreds of multilevel activities and a wealth of supplemental worksheets, achievement tests, and other resources to assure learner persistence and success.
- Picture dictionary lessons introduce unit vocabulary in a clear, easy-to-use format.
- The program's guided conversation methodology integrates grammar, vocabulary, and topics through real-life communication practice that is student-centered, interactive, and fun.
- Standards-based lessons in each unit develop the competencies included in CASAS, BEST Plus, EFF, SCANS, Model Standards, and other major curriculum frameworks and assessment systems.
- Teamwork, critical thinking, and community tasks promote cooperative learning, problem-solving, and civics connections.
- Diverse reading and writing activities include realia, narrative readings, and journal-writing to develop skills for daily life, self-expression, and academic advancement.
- Built-in assessment in each unit includes a check-up test and vocabulary and skill checklists enabling students to assess their progress.
- Side by Side Gazette magazine sections promote learner persistence through high-interest material that students can use in class or on their own, building a bridge between the classroom and the home.
- A Bonus Gazette Audio CD included with the text offers entertaining radio program-style recordings of Gazette activities.
- An all-in-one teacher support package (available separately) includes a standaloneTeacher's Guide with Multilevel Activity & Achievement Test Book and CD-ROM providing multilevel activities and an array of reproducible masters, worksheets, and tests.
- A standalone Activity & Test Prep Workbook offers all-skills practice, GrammarRaps, and unit achievement tests.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The books are great as a way to initiate conversations in ESOL-based classes. The test prep section is absolutely useful in helping students prepare for exams. I recommend using Side by Side Plus as an additional resource material if the main student textbook is grammar-based and lacking in conversational exercises. Overall, my students love it and they demanded we continue using Side by Side Plus for the following semester. I say, if the students are happy and learning English communicatively, I am happy too!
easy to teach from and
easy for students to follow. It has
patterns with some exceptions shown.
The civics lessons are apropos. Most of my students are not acquainted with the material presented. Several of them have lived here for years without becoming naturalized citizens, and it's all "news" to them..
I have used other general textbooks and materials aimed specifically at increasing particular skills such as reading or writing, but this is the best all-around textbook I have used.
i think that this book is really good to learn English but i don't know if this product includes the textbook and the workbook, please can someone who already bought it can help me. Thanks
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Books > Education & Reference > Etiquette > Conversation
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries