The Singular Universe and the Reality of Time: A Proposal in Natural Philosophy Hardcover – Dec 8 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"It might be one of the most important books of our time ... Right or wrong, this book is an event."
Bryan Appleyard, The Sunday Times
"A hefty explication setting out clear agendas for research into quantum foundations, explanations for the 'arrow of time' and other parts of this puzzle."
"Any serious intellectual rebellion is worth watching. This one is ambitious: it seeks to root out one of the oldest impulses in the western imagination."
"Is time, after all, real? Two mavericks take an axe to the established theories of cosmology."
"... an admirable restatement of cosmological ambition."
The Times Higher Education Supplement
"Anyone that wants to thoroughly deliberate over the question of cosmology should read this book."
Peter Eisenhardt, translated from Physik Journal
Cosmology is in crisis. In this book, philosopher Roberto Mangabeira Unger and physicist Lee Smolin, world-renowned for their radical ideas in their fields, argue for a revolution in our cosmological ideas. The book is readily accessible to non-scientists as well as to the physicists and cosmologists whom it challenges.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Readable, convincing, stimulating.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Astronomy > Cosmology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Cosmology
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Cosmology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics