Slake: Los Angeles, A City and Its Stories, No. 3: War & Peace Paperback – May 20 2011
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The new quarterly journal whose editors have essentially flipped the bird at the faster-quicker-shorter imperatives that are supposed to define 21st-century media." --James Rainey, LA Times
About the Author
Joe Donnelly, co-founder and co-editor of Slake: Los Angeles, is an award-winning journalist who has worked for the Washington Post, New York Daily News, Los Angeles Times and numerous other national and international publications. His work has appeared in several anthologies and literary publications. Donnelly was the deputy editor of the LA Weekly from 2002- 2008. Before that, Donnelly was the arts editor of New Times Los Angeles and the editor in chief of the seminal Los Angeles pop-culture magazine, Bikini. He eared his masters in journalism from UC Berkeley.
Laurie Ochoa is co-founder and co-editor of Slake: Los Angeles. During her eight years as editor in chief of the LA Weekly, she produced a literary city paper with highly regarded investigative, cultural and lifestyle coverage and led the paper to more national journalism awards than any other alternative newspaper in the country, including the Pulitzer Prize in , 2007. From 1999 to 2001, she was the executive editor of Gourmet magazine, and she spent 11 years as an editor and reporter at the Los Angeles Times.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photo Essays
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Collections & Readers
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography
- Books > Travel > United States > Regions > West