Smart but Scattered Teens: The "Executive Skills" Program for Helping Teens Reach Their Potential Paperback – Dec 17 2012
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Executive skills are critical to success in life, but may be delayed in some teens and young adults--and parents are often at a loss for how to help. Smart but Scattered Teens is just what parents need. This is a highly useful guide for improving teens' executive skills and motivating them to use the skills they already have."--Patricia O. Quinn, MD, coauthor of Ready for Take-Off: Preparing Your Teen with ADHD or LD for College
"Does your teen's behavior have you tearing out your hair in frustration? Quit nagging and use this wonderfully insightful and practical book to coach your 'smart but scattered' teen for personal, educational, and social success."--William Pfohl, PsyD, past president, International School Psychology Association
"I was hooked from the first chapter! This book has opened my eyes to ways to foster my son's strengths, not just criticize his weaknesses. With all the issues we battle daily, it's easy to forget the power of the positive. I'm thrilled to have a specific plan of action for targeting the skills my son needs to do better in school and become more focused and responsible."--Kim L.
About the Author
Peg Dawson, EdD, works as a clinical school psychologist at the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. With over 30 years of clinical experience, Drs. Dawson and Guare are coauthors of the bestselling Smart but Scattered, which focuses on younger children and preteens.
Colin Guare, a 25-year-old freelance writer who grew up with an attention disorder, has contributed to ADDitude magazine and has worked with children with learning disorders.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health > Learning Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Adolescent Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Teenagers
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Special Education
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Mental Health
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy