- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Graphix; Box edition (Aug. 26 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0545766389
- ISBN-13: 978-0545766388
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 2.5 x 17.8 cm
- Shipping Weight: 794 g
- Average Customer Review: 38 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #22,216 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Smile/Sisters (Box Set) Paperback – Aug 26 2014
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Praise for Smile:
A New York Times bestseller
2011 Will Eisner Comic Industry Award for Best Publication for Teens
2010 Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor, Nonfiction
A New York Times "Editors' Choice"
"It hits home partly because there is nothing else out there like it." -The New York Times Book Review
"The real focus of Smile is Telgemeier's search for identity, a universal experience with which readers will readily identify." -The Washington Post
"An utterly charming graphic memoir of tooth trauma, first crushes and fickle friends, sweetly reminiscent of Judy Blume's work . . . . Irresistible, funny and touching - a must read for all teenage girls." -Kirkus
"A charming addition to the body of young adult literature that focuses on the trials and tribulations of the slightly nerdy girl." -Publishers Weekly
Praise for Sisters:
"I love [Telgemeier's] work, not because it is exotic or unusual, but because she writes stories we have all lived, and tells them in a way that feels uncomfortable yet transcendent.The profound thing Raina discovers is that we do not have to navigate the difficulties alone." - The New York Times Book Review
* "Telgemeier's art complements her writing to great effect, offering a cheerful, vivid cartoon simplicity that allows readers to instantly engage even as it leaves room for deeper truths to take hold." - Booklist, starred review
* "Told in then-and-now narratives that are easily discernible in the graphic format, Telgemeier's tale is laugh-out-loud funny (especially the story about the snake incident) and quietly serious all at once. Her rounded, buoyant art coupled with a masterful capacity for facial expressions complements the writing perfectly." - Kirkus, starred review
* "Though the artwork draws little attention to itself, Telgemeier's visual storytelling skills are well-honed, and readers will be left wishing for more." - Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Telgemeier has returned with a must-have follow-up to Smile (Scholastic, 2010) that is as funny as it is poignant, and utterly relatable for anyone with siblings." - School Library Journal, starred review
About the Author
RAINA TELGEMEIER is the creator of Smile, which is a #1 New York Times bestseller, winner of the Will Eisner Award for Best Publication for Teens, and a Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Book. She is also the creator of Drama, which is a #1 New York Times bestseller and received a Stonewall Book Award Honor. Raina also adapted and illustrated The Baby-sitters Club graphic novels. She lives in Astoria, New York, with her husband, Dave Roman. To learn more, visit her online at www.goRaina.com.