Snakes of North America: Eastern and Central Regions Paperback – Jun 19 2003
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This identification books has an excellent section of color photos that identifies each and every snake along with a complete history of the snake with an accompanying map showing it's geographical location and preferred habitat.
Its one of the best, if not the best, snake identification books I have ever seen. (Bill Carney New Hampshire Wildlife)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I found that altho I have tons of insect books, bird books, even fish books, I was sadly lacking on snakes. This fills the bill. It tells me where the snakes are, what the habitat is, what they eat, whether they are venemous and, it has good photos. Like the Peterson guides the photos are in the middle of the books. I actually prefer a guide where the photo is with the explanation but that is a small, personal prefence.
It's also not a field guide, unless you are used to carrying rather large tomes about.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Natural Disasters
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Natural Disasters
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Animals
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Living on the Land > Hunting & Fishing > Hunting
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Field Guides > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hunting & Fishing > Hunting