Software Testing Practice: Test Management: A Study Guide for the Certified Tester Exam ISTQB Advanced Level Paperback – Sep 3 2007
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Andreas Spillner is a professor of Computer Science in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Hochschule Bremen (University of Applied Sciences), where he is responsible for software engineering, quality assurance, and programming. He was a founding member and is now an honorary member of the German Testing Board e.V., and he was founder and chair of the German Special Interest Group on Software Testing (SIGIST, "Test, Analyse und Verifikation von Software") from 1990 to 2003. Prof. Spillner was appointed Fellow of the German Informatics Society (GI-Fellow) in 2007.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
book starts off explaining test process and then giving examples of different SDLCs and how testing is done in those process.later chapters explain establishing test policy which describes and sets standards on quality and how to achieve it. Test Plan chapter goes in to detail on how to create a Test Plan and things it should include followed by chapter on Test Control which explains on how to monitor the testing process and reacting to test results, evulating if testing is complete and creating test result report.
Different technique, such as Six Sigma, CMMI, TMM, are explained to assist in approaching testing, improving development process, evaluating test process and performing audits. Deviation Management chapter explains documenting anomalies and Risk management chapter explain on how to identify and control the risk by using right test technique.
Later chapters talk about what is expected from QA staff and skills required by them, different test metrics and how to select test tools.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Testing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering