Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Something Wild Enhanced, Explicit Lyrics
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Deadnight Warrior|
|2. In The Shadows|
|3. Red Light In My Eyes (Part 1)|
|4. Red Light In My Eyes (Part 2)|
|5. Lake Bodom|
|6. The Nail|
|7. Touch Like Angel Of Death|
|8. Silent Scream (Bonus Track)|
|9. Don't Stop at the Top (Bonus Track)|
2008 reissue of Something Wild, the debut album by the Finnish melodic death metal band Children of Bodom, released in 1997. The album presents a darker and generally more experimental sound than the one present in their later albums, and contributed most to the infamous genre controversy of their classification as a death metal or black metal band at the time. Children of Bodom have gone from being an amazing band from Finland to a household name worldwide in the metal scene. Their intensity, flawless execution and quality of material have put them on a pedestal that most bands is any genre can only dream of.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Deadnight Warrior (9/10) - This is a great opener, really gets you going when you first put it on. Also the first single off the album I believe.
2. In the Shadows (10/10) - This is the best song on the whole album in my oppinion. Never a dull moment here, just great guitar work, speed, and intensity \m/
3. Red Light in My Eyes, Pt. 1 (9/10) - Excellent song, also some amazing guitar work.
4. Red Light in My Eyes, Pt. 2 (8/10) - This is a really intense one, with some great vocals.
5. Lake Bodom (9.5/10) - Another bodom masterpiece.
6. Nail (8/10) - Great song. Excellent keyboard work here done by Mr.Wirman.
7. Touch Like Angel Of Death (9/10) - Another great, really has a dark feel to it.
So in average this CD gets a 9, and thats pretty god**** good. I also highly recommened getting Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper, and also their newest album Hate Crew Deathroll when it comes out, Im sure it will be kick***.
04. Red Light In My Eyes, Pt.2. A little darker than Pt.1, this song starts with an excerpt from Mozart's Symphony No.25 (classical influences once more). Oh yeah, there's yet another Black-Metal-Speed moment, and even more riffs, but still no real song structure. Thankfully, this marks the last of such tracks. ...Lake Bodom. A song about the axe murders at Lake Bodom in the 60s. Most of this song is superbly structured, and with excellent guitar harmonies (as standard). The best part is the awesome solo, at 2:30... The speed still can't stop, even at the only other song to clock in at 6 minutes. More Black-Metal-Speed? This song is practically full of it, excepting the bridge section, pulsing overtures, which sees the guitars and keyboards working perfectly in tandem.Read more ›
Some Heavy Metal fans shy away from bands who use keyboarding, but COB doesn't go too far with it and either keeps it in the background or plays it back and forth with even more triumphant guitar solos. Whereas some bands do overuse and make you say, why wasn't that on guitar ?
Sorry to say that a lot of neoclassical artists have a lot of boring music, but they just don't keep up the speed or power. Gary Hoey bores me with all his bluesy songs, Satriani and Malmsteen bore me with thier pathetic vocals and slower bits. Cacophony and some parts of older Metallica were the only other bands I've heard that really rock with NC, but not Nearly like my favorite band of all...
Long Live CHILDREN OF BODOM !!
Most recent customer reviews
The one that started it all, probably one of my favourite albums to this date. It's Dimmu Borgir split upPublished on May 17 2013 by Mike
This is an great cd by an awesome band. When I first heard CoB it was on this album and I was amazed. The musicianship is so good. Read morePublished on July 10 2004 by Brian
This album is the most straight up death metal that was done by Children of Bodom. Thus it is the least meolodic of all of their albums. Read morePublished on April 17 2004 by S. Koropeckyj
Children of Bodom is without a doubt, my fav band. when i bought this cd i loved them even more! its amazing! Read morePublished on Dec 29 2003
IN THE WHOLE WIDE UNIVERSE OF STRANGE AND DIVERSE MUSICAL CRAPINESS, BODOM HAS MANAGED TO REALESE ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS I HAVE EVER HEARD. Read morePublished on July 19 2003 by ALEX P MILWARD
i was introduced to this band through "follow the reaper", i feel that, that is there strongest album. Read morePublished on Oct. 12 2002
This was my first CoB CD, and really my first death metal CD. This brings back many good memories for me. Read morePublished on Feb. 5 2002
The first album by Children of Bodom, and its awesome. To make long story short, the music on this album is seriously wicked, these guys are very talented, one of the best releases... Read morePublished on Aug. 23 2001 by ka0z