Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Songs From An American Movie Vol 2: Good Time For A Bad Attitude Explicit Lyrics
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. When It All Goes Wrong Again|
|5. Short Blonde Hair|
|6. Misery Whip|
|7. Out Of My Depth|
|8. The Good Witch Of The North|
|9. Halloween Americana|
|10. All Fucked Up|
|12. Song From An American Movie Pt. 2|
Everclear ~ Songs From An American Movie Vo
If scientists strived to merge crunchy, hook-heavy pop-rock-punk and the super-shiniest production techniques this side of Smashing Pumpkins, the result would probably sound exactly like Everclear's Songs from an American Movie, Vol. 2: Good Time for a Bad Attitude. It's a hit-or-miss outing. On the one hand, it's a step up from the tepid Songs from an American Movie, Vol. 1, and it takes the boys back to the loose but mighty muscularity that made Sparkle and Fade such a delight. Art Alexakis and company take some chances, like the funky groove of "Babytalk" and the ballad to bombast and back again of "Out of My Depth." On the minus side, the production is so slick that there's no friction, and rock music without friction is like, well, like large chunks of this Attitude. Definitely a mixed bag from Everclear. --Jason Josephes
Top Customer Reviews
"When It All Goes Wrong Again" is fast-paced and rocks out pretty hard. It's the first single, and the main theme here, from what I gather, is feeling optimistic and pessimistic at the same time about life.
"Slide" opens with a sweet guitar lick and evolves into a tight, RAWK song that is going to sound great live.
"Babytalk" opens with a fonkay Sly & the Family Stone-type riff and the lyrics are mostly spoken. More or less, it's a complaint on how some guys change their demeanor when their girlfriend is near/on the phone. Another rocker that's gonna sound great live.
"Rock Star" is one of my faves on here so far. It's a mocking take on wanting to be a rock star, and, musically, it's one of a good number of songs on here that remind me why I got real into this group in the first place (note: check out the little guitar solo in the middle. Way cool.)
"Short Blonde Hair", lyrically, is sort of the anti-"Rock Star", it's a nice juxtaposition putting the 2 songs back to back. This wouldn't have sounded out of place on "Sparkle and Fade".Read more ›
1. When it all goes wrong again - great way to start off the album. a hard-hitting rock song.
2. Slide - great song, another personal, intense rocker.
3. babytalk - funny, sarcastic look at relationships, and how the dumbest things can drive people insane. also says something about how men can get emasculated in relationships.
4. rock star - a totally cynical look at being a rock star from someone who has never claimed to be one. lead singer art alexakis preaches the rock and roll dream in a catchy, fun song
5. short blonde hair - the other side of the rock dream. art talks about being weird and feeling different, and how age and rock fame dont always go well together. an anguished, beautiful song
6. misery whip - a creep S&M fantasy song that goes more into the relationship of codependency than the sex part (i hope). i good sequel to heroin girl.
7. out of my depth - another song about when life becomes too out of control. very personal song for art, looking at the life of a guy trying to balance a divorce, a new relationship, raising a daughter, and STILL having to go be in a rock band.
8. Good witch of the north - about art's new girlfriend. maybe the first love song everclear has ever done that doesnt have some sort of depressing, angry, codependent subtext.
9. halloween americana - great instrumental track, in the tradition of el distorto de melodica
10. all f***ed up - amazing song. a nervous breakdown put to music, and a bristling piece of self-loathing. when you hate yourself, everything falls apart.
11. overwhelming - originally on the soundtrack for permanent midnight, and i like that version much more.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
I have to start out by saying that everclear is my favorite band, and has been for a good six years now. Read morePublished on Feb. 1 2004 by a little fool
Let me start off by saying that I own this CD and I will still occasionally listen to it, an dit really is not that bad of a CD. Now to why it only got three stars. Read morePublished on March 15 2003 by Allen
Everclear is one of those bands that you listen to, and you know exactly what you're gonna get. Their 3-chord pseudo-grunge brand of rock is a patented sound for them. Read morePublished on March 5 2003 by andrew adams
The first time I hear "When It All Goes Wrong Again", I knew I had to get this one. Everclear's signature sound has returned on this excellent CD.Published on March 5 2002 by StarFox
This record is truely great. I am a huge Everclear fan and I love it. Out of the others, it's not my personal favorite only because the style is different. Read morePublished on Jan. 12 2002 by Diana Scherff
Let's face it: Everclear isn't the toughest of bands, nor are they the hardest, and some might even put them on the pop side. Read morePublished on Sept. 3 2001 by Mr. Music
This is a great album for people who like rock and grunge type bands. If you like Everclear's old music, you'll certaintly like this album. Read morePublished on Aug. 16 2001 by JustSomeGuy
If you're looking for a CD that has great rock and some soft tunes too, this CD is for you. Everclear's CD "Songs From An American Movie Vol. Read morePublished on Aug. 16 2001 by JustSomeGuy
Everclear's best work yet. Some songs seem shallow at first. Art Alexakis writes the best lyrics punk, pop, and rock have to offer. Read morePublished on Aug. 13 2001 by Ziji