- The fast-paced, futuristic racing action of the Wipeout franchise comes to the PlayStation Vita handheld gaming system
- Antigravity racing like never before with intuitive touch interface, motion active tilt, and voice-activated controls
- Race against up to eight players simultaneously
- Multiplayer functionality includes races against PS3 players of Wipeout HD in PlayStation Network
- Compete with your friends in a series of co-op challenges for the top placement of the online leaderboard
- Platform: PlayStation Vita
- ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.ca Product Description
Experience the thrill and speed of anti-gravity racing with PS Vita enhanced controls - intuitive touch interface, motion active tilt and voice commands. Optimized for 23rd century racing, you can compete with up to 8 other players on 10 new tracks. It’s a never-ending battle to stay atop the online leaderboards.
WipEout 2048 is a high-speed, high-energy multiplayer Racing game releasing as a launch title concurrently with the PlayStation Vita. Set in the year 2048, the game is chronologically a prequel to earlier releases in the series, introducing longtime fans of the game series as well as new players to the beginnings of the addictive futuristic sport of antigravity racing. The game utilizes PlayStation Vita's innovative touch interface, motion active tilt, and voice-activated controls to create a fluid high-end racing experience that players can take anywhere. Additional features include: eight player support that includes races against PS3 players of Wipeout HD on PlayStation Network, co-op mission play and wider tracks designed to increase players' focus on weapons and maneuverability.
Antigravity Racing Comes to PlayStation Vita
In Wipeout 2048 players experience the thrill and speed of aggressive, antigravity racing in the palm of their hand via the PlayStation Vita. One of the most exciting launch titles releasing concurrently with the PS Vita, Wipeout 2048 retains the frenetically-paced, futuristic racing action and vehicular combat that has thrilled and challenged fans of the series, while also upping the ante by harnesses the PS Vita's enhanced controls. These include motion active tilt, touch interface and even voice-activated commands. Filled with fast-paced, futuristic racing action and wireless connectivity, Wipeout 2048 is a never-ending battle to stay atop the online leaderboards.
Multiplayer Options That Include PS3 Players
Wipeout 2048 is designed for multiplayer fun. The game features widened tracks which encourage side-to-side contact between racers, as well as maneuverability. These allow for evasive maneuvers and the pickup of offensive and defensive items arranged on pads along the track. Eight player support is available throughout the game, either wirelessly against other PS Vita players utilizing the handheld's 3G and/or Wi-Fi connections (depending on the PS Vita version), or against PS3 players of Wipeout HD on PlayStation Network.
Key Game Features
- Frenetic Wipeout Racing Action for PS Vita - The fast-paced, futuristic racing action of the Wipeout franchise comes to the PlayStation Vita handheld gaming system
- Intuitive Active Racing - Antigravity racing like never before with intuitive touch interface, motion active tilt, and voice-activated controls
- Multiplayer - Race against up to eight players simultaneously
- Crossplay with PS3 Players - Multiplayer functionality includes races against PS3 players of Wipeout HD in PlayStation Network
- Co-Op Missions - Compete with your friends in a series of challenges for the top placement of the online leaderboard
Fast, futuristic vehicles.
Devastating in-race firepower.
New side-by-side racing.
Dramatic city environments.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Going back to the very beginning of the racing series' lore/universe (yes, it has one), 2048 features level design that's a halfway point between recognizable urban landscapes and the futuristic neon-lit skylines of the previous games. The near-future meets the far-future, this is a relatively new look for the series.
Signature WipEout club aesthetic is slightly updated with electropop and dubstep and while the soundtrack may not be as excellent as previous entries, this is still a very fine sounding game, sure to please dance heads as well as speed junkies.
It's true that coming from HD's 60fps PS3 debut is a step back as the game now renders at 30, but because the game is such a generational leap from the PSP entries, I feel the visual to performance tradeoff is acceptable. Gyro controls are an option as with many Vita launch titles, but thankfully are not required.
The game shipped with some pretty egregious load times but patches have made it far more tolerable now. Coupled with the entire suite of WipEout HD's base and Fury expansion campaigns as DLC made to work within 2048's engine and you've got a very feature packed, content rich package.
It may not be the best WipEout game, but it is a worthy sendoff for both the series and the PS Vita itself.
Most recent customer reviews
Great racing game. One of the best racing game on the PS VitaPublished 10 months ago by Jonathan Dagenais