- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
Sony MDR-XB50AP/B Extra Bass Earbud Headphones (Black)
- Sensitivity (db): 110 dB/mW. Impedance (Ohm) - 40 Ohm (1 kHz)
- Frequency Response: 4 - 24,000 Hz
- Microphone: Elecret condenser / Omni Directional
- Remote Control: Multi-function button / SmartKey app
- Plug: Gold-plated four-conductor L-type stereo mini plug.Capacity:100 mW
- Cord Length: 3.94 ft
There is a newer model of this item:
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
EXTRA BASS EARBUD HEADSET
From the manufacturer
Specially designed drivers with high-energy neodymium magnets deliver deep, powerful bass that perfectly complements today's popular music genres.
Bass Duct Design
A tightly sealed acoustic design allows for a high level of sound isolation which aides in the reproduction of powerful and extended bass response.
Smartphone Playback Control
The integrated microphone and multi-function control button make the MDR-XB50AP the perfect companion for your smartphone. Android users can also enjoy the convenient Smart Key app for added control functionality directly from your smartphone.
Hybrid silicone earbuds provide long lasting comfort and designed to reduce ambient noise; x-small, small, medium and large earbuds are included to fine tune your fitment.
Convenient Case and Tangle Free Cable
The durable, 1.2 m flat cord reduces tangles, so you can get caught up in your music, not your cord. A convenient soft carry pouch is also included to store your new favorite headphones.
|Type||Extra Bass On-ear||Extra Bass In-ear||Extra Bass In-ear Sport||Extra Bass On-ear||Extra Bass In-ear Sport||Extra Bass In-ear|
|Battery Life||30 Hrs||9 Hrs||8.5 Hrs||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)|
|Driver Size||30 mm||12 mm||12 mm||30 mm||12 mm||12 mm|
|Wireless Functionality||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC||Bluetooth/NFC||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)||N/A (wired operation only)|
|Water Resistant/ Splash Proof||No||No||Yes (IPX4)||No||Yes (IPX5/IPX7)||No|
|Extra Bass On/Off||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On||Always On|
|Wired Operation||No||No||No||Yes (wired only)||Yes (wired only)||Yes (wired only)|
1,295 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 1,295 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The Bass is indeed extra on this. You can really feel it on bass-heavy songs, it is a cool experience.
- The mids are even, and quite distinguishable.
- The cable is flat, so it does not seem to tangle as easily as other headphones I have owned.
- The remote button is configurable with an app, so you can set it to do whatever you like. I have mine set to Play/Pause, Next Track, and Previous Track.
- The highs can get a little blown out. It is not the worst I have heard, and is pretty remedied with some audio levels adjustment.
Overall, great headphones, especially for heavy bass music. Would have liked more refined highs, but for the price I think these are great value.
On the other hand, the build quality is good and they do their job, that's why 3 stars. The price point is fair as well. I wish I could give 3.5.
I have had complaints about the microphone not working that well, which may be because of the cheap cellphone I have.
I was considering another brand at a similar price point at the time of purchase, I believe it was Sennheiser, and I regret not going with them. I've had good experiences with Panasonic before, but those were stereo headphones so that may have made a big difference.
I can't say that I will be buying Sony headphones again in the foreseeable future. If your budget is low then these are just fine, but I recommend a different brand at the same price point. Durability-wise these are good though.
Speaking of damage, the reason I'm giving these four stars is because of their build quality. It's only been two months since I had them and I already notice some problems with the wire i.e. if I move the wire around in specific places while listening, the audio cuts out. It annoys me because there is no exterior damage visible from the outside, just the wiring inside the cable that's sketchy.
Overall, these earbuds are worth the money in terms of sound quality, but the build quality isn't up to par with other earbuds I've seen with the same price. A great buy however!
1. They are uncomfortable in the ears after being worn for a fairly short time (15-30 minutes for me). This may come down to sizing and how they happen to fit for me, but this was not ideal as I have tried many other headphones without this issue.
2. More importantly - less than 6 months after purchase the left earphone has stopped producing sound entirely. This is with occasional use (not every day) and with no snags or impacts, etc. This is a shockingly low amount of time for headphones at this price point - while I wouldn't expect them to last a lifetime, I have had $10 headphones that lasted far longer. The durability is extremely disappointing and I was even more dismayed to find that these headphones only come with a minuscule 3 month warranty.
I cannot recommend these based on longevity alone. There are far better buys at this price point that won't fail within 6 months of use and still be outside of warranty.
The packaging is great, and the included carry pouch is a must.
Trust me, you won't want to go back to your stock earphones after you listen to these.
Powerful sound for a low cost. (I got them for ~$25 CAD)
I have only owned three pairs of ear-buds so most of the sound comparison are to sennheiser 558 & 598 SE, Monster DNA's and a pair of cheaper sony's IEM.
Surprisingly comfortable, however, i never forget i am wearing them.
Pros: Bass (naturally), price and looks.
Cons: Not EQ friendly meaning they are already being pushed as hard as they can, bass can be tiring on the ears after awhile.