Sound Advice Paperback – Sep 5 1999
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Sound Advice, Second Edition , maintains the comprehensive, skills approach to discrete point listening that has made it an enduring best-seller, with the valuable addition of thoughtprovoking questions to stimulate pair and group discussion. Sound Advice helps students understand rapid, relaxed English, starting at the word and sentence levels and expanding to short conversations. The text/audiocassette combination helps students develop their own strategies for understanding language as it is spoken and exposes them to a variety of listening phenomena essential for comprehension of authentic, natural speech.
New features include:
- Art-based preview activities that familiarize students with the oftentroublesome aspects of listening comprehension.
- Contextualized exercises that students can understand and relate to, from school and travel to dining out.
- Unique chapter review ¿chants¿ that reinforce what students have learned.
- TOEFL®-style questions that help students prepare for the listening portion of the TOEFL® Test.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Usage
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Dictionaries