If you have the money buy Sound System. I was a teen in the late 70s so this was pure nostalgia for me. If you missed it the first time around, the contents of the set will explain the Clash's version of what Punk really was.
(BTW: For an excellent book that will give you a very thorough history of the Clash I recommend checking out Passion Is a Fashion: The Real Story of the Clash)
Among the treasures in the set was a reproduction of a button (the policeman) that I had and lost over 30 years ago. It was pure joy to see it again. The DVD has incredible footage and the magazines filled in many interesting details about the band and the Punk movement for me.
Again, pricey. But for me the value was definitely there!
- Audio CD (Sept. 10 2013)
- Original Release Date: Sept. 10 2013
- Number of Discs: 12
- Format: Box set, Audiobook
- Label: Sony Music Canada Entertainment Inc.
- Run Time: 653 minutes
- ASIN: B008U3NU38
- In-Print Editions: Audio CD
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #42,143 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)