- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Sourcebook of Scandinavian Furniture: Designs For The Twenty First Century Hardcover – Oct 2 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
500 carefully selected designs that also include the most up-to-date pieces that constitute the current revival in Nordic design….Recommended. — Choice (E. M. Hansen)
[E]xcellent…[P]lenty of context…to appreciate how Scandinavian furniture defined a past era, and how it will likely define the future — Sandy McLendon (Modernism Magazine)
Scandinavian furniture is an important element of…design history…it is impossible to imagine its being given a more thorough or…attractive presentation. — Stanley Abercrombie
About the Author
Judith Gura is a professor at the New York School of Interior Design, where she directs the design history program and is coordinator of public programs. A graduate of Cornell University, she has a master’s degree in the history of the decorative arts from the Bard Graduate Center. She has worked on exhibitions at the Brooklyn Museum, the Whitney Museum, and the National Museum of Women in the Arts. Her published works include New York Interior Design, 1935-1985, Sourcebook of Scandinavian Furniture, Guide to Period Styles for Interiors, Harvey Probber: Modernist Furniture, Artworks and Design, and Edward Wormley: The Other Face of Modernism. She is a contributing editor for Art+Auction, and lectures frequently on interior design and furniture styles.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Furniture Design
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Art
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Furniture
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Furniture
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Woodworking > Furniture & Carpentry
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems