Spanish For Dummies Audio Set Audio CD – Apr 30 2007
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
3 hours of lessons on 3 CDs!
The fun and easy way to communicate effectively in a new language!
Want to speak Spanish? Don't have a lot of time? This practical audio set is designed to help you learn quickly and easily at home or on the road. From basic greetings and expressions to grammar and conversations, you'll grasp the essentials and start communicating right away! Plus, you can follow along with the handy, 96-page portable guide — filled with the words and phrases you'll hear on the CDs, plus a mini dictionary.
Skip around and learn at your own pace
CD 1: Get started with basic words and phrases.
CD 2: Form sentences and practice parts of speech.
CD 3: Handle real-world situations.
Discover how to
- Handle greetings and introductions
- Ask questions and understand answers
- Build your vocabulary
- Talk about numbers, time, and the calendar
- Ask for directions
- Get help at a hotel, the bank, or a store
About the Author
Jessica Langemeier has taught Spanish and English as a Second Language in multi-lingual communities and schools, and has developed ESL and Spanish language programs for individuals and companies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This audio set is accompanied by a booklet with lesson numbers that correspond to the track numbers on each CD. The introduction on each CD is track one. The narrator of the CDs presents words and phrases in English, followed by a native Spanish speaker who does the Spanish version. There is a pause provided for the listener to say the word or phrase himself, followed by the repetition of the same word or phrase by the Spanish speaker, and another pause to provide the listener with another opportunity to practice saying the word or phrase. Listeners are expected to repeat these steps for CDs one, two and three. The supplemental booklet is divided into four parts. The first three are in direct association to the three lessons on the CDs, while section four presents a mini Spanish-English dictionary.
I give this product 3 stars. It really isn't that bad but when compared to other methods of learning Spanish, this is not something that I would recommend.
Some other products that I recommend for Spanish language learners are Visual Link Spanish.Read more ›
The book that comes with it for useful to bring along on a trip where the general public will be speaking Spanish to quickly look up words or phrases.
Most recent customer reviews
There is a reason it's inexpensive...you get what you pay for!Published 9 months ago by Gail Ramsay
Great to listen too while driving. Keeps your mind going. Music sometimes done not do it.Published 20 months ago by skippy
Great! I was taking Spanish lessons also at the time and found this helped a lot.Published 20 months ago by marilyn Cook
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Languages > Language Instruction > Spanish
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Nonfiction
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Spanish > Books on CD
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > For Dummies Store > Education > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Education > Language Instruction
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages > Spanish