- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Sparrows of the United States and Canada: The Photographic Guide Paperback – Dec 20 2001
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"[A] book that can be carried into the field with ease. This book should turn those 'little brown jobs' into interesting individuals, and is highly recommended for birders who are trying to sort out the members of this challenging family."--Wildlife Archivist
About the Author
David Beadle grew up in Kent, England, where he had no interest in the natural world until he was gripped by anobsession withbirds in his late teens.It was while working at a bird observatory that David became interested in moths, an interest that soon grew to an all-consuming passion.He now lives inToronto, Ontario, with his wife and son, and he has photographed more than 2,000 species of moths in that province alone.
In addition to his work with moths, David has contributed to over thirty books and countless journals, including New World Warblers and A Field Guide to the Birds of Chile.
Rising received his B.A. and Ph.D. degrees, he majored in biology, with his Ph.D. thesis being on the hybridization of Baltimore and Bullock's orioles in the Great Plains.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Nature & Wildlife
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology > Ornithology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching > Field Guides
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching > Field Guides
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Regional > Canada
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference