- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Split Hopkinson (Kolsky) Bar: Design, Testing and Applications Hardcover – Nov 22 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The authors systematically describe the general principles of Kolsky bars, or split Hopkinson bars, which are widely used for obtaining dynamic material properties. Modifications are introduced for obtaining reliable data. Specific experiment design guidelines are provided to subject the specimen to desired testing conditions.
Detailed Kolsky-bar examples are given for different classes of materials (brittle, ductile, soft, etc) and for different loading conditions (tension, torsion, triaxial, high/low temperatures, intermediate strain rate, etc). The Kolsky bars used for dynamic structural characterization are briefly introduced. A collection of dynamic properties of various materials under various testing conditions is included which may serve as a reference database.
This book assists both beginners and experienced professionals in characterizing high-rate material response with high quality and consistency. Readers who may benefit from this work include university students, instructors, R & D professionals, and scholars/engineers in solid mechanics, aerospace, civil and mechanical engineering, as well as materials science and engineering.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Machinery
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Industrial Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Mechanical Engineering