Sports Public Relations Hardcover – Dec 27 2013
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Recognizing and emphasizing business and sociocultural influences, Sports Public Relations is a timely and unique examination of public relations in the sport industry. Along with providing a broad and well-researched theoretical foundation, L'Etang embeds throughout the text relevant examples and strategic applications of Sports PR in practice.--Paul M. Pedersen (09/30/2013)
A cleverly integrated and dynamic text, Sports Public Relations offers incisive PR guidance for navigating sport's vast industrial scale, intractable social impact, turbulent political arena, and insatiable entertainment appetite. This cutting-edge text tackles the sport mediascape with originality and poise, ensuring it will quickly become a must-read for any PR-savvy sport marketer.--Professor Aaron Smith (10/02/2013)
Jacquie L'Etang's Sports Public Relations provides insight into the broad functions of public relations in sport at all levels beyond the traditional publicity pigeonhole, while challenging us to consider the PR role in the complex interplay between sport and society. Its rigorous theoretical and ethical discussions are well illustrated with current examples from diverse sports. It will be an asset to sport PR students.--Michele Clark (10/25/2013)
About the Author
Jacquie L'Etang's books and articles have largely focused on historical, historiographical and critical themes in public relations. Recently retired, her career was spent at the University of Stirling and Queen Margaret University (QMU), Edinburgh. She currently supervises some doctoral students at QMU.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Public Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Pedagogy
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Public Relations
- Books > Sports & Outdoors
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Business Communication
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Education