- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Sports & Recreation Fads Paperback – Sep 5 1991
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
This compilation captures the variety and intensity of America's involvement with sport and recreational activities from Colonial times to the present. Over 60 short articles, each with a bibliography, cover a panorama of sport and recreation happenings which range from the obscure (parlor disguises and medical electricity as a tool for fitness) to the well-known (Monopoly and crossword puzzles). This is a highly entertaining book, although the title is misleading: it stretches the point to consider Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak or Hank Aaron's 715th homerun a fad. A great nostalgic trip for the sport/recreation enthusiast.
- Kenneth Tillman, Trenton State Coll., N.J.
Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc.
About the Author
WILLIAM G. BAILEY is Social Sciences Bibliographer in the Information Services Department of the Newton Gresham Library at Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Antiques & Collectibles
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Sports
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Essays
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > History of Sports