Sports Show: Athletics as Image and Spectacle Hardcover – Feb 14 2012
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"David E. Little’s The Sports Show, a collection of candids, portraits and action scenes, brings us face to face with the anonymous amateurs and world-famous figures from across the past century. The most intimate images may be those of boxing matches, studies in poise and pain. Here are stars- Louis, Graziano, Patterson, Ali- but also many so little remembered as to be unidentifiable. In one picture from the ‘40s, a KO’d boxer hits the canvas while the camera’s saucer-like flash-reflector looms above, a conspicuous indicator of the photographers- and fans - always watching." —The Wall Street Journal
About the Author
David E. Little is curator and head of the Department of Photography and New Media at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Museums & Collections > Museums > Exhibition Catalogues
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Collections, Catalogues & Exhibitions
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Subjects > Sports
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Miscellaneous > Photography
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Other Team Sports > Track & Field