Spreadsheet Applications in Chemistry Using Microsoft Excel Paperback – Feb 28 1997
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
This book illustrates how EXCEL can be used to help scientists process, analyze, and present scientific data. EXCEL provides a flexible environment that can be used to prepare spreadsheet solutions for scientific data processing problems. It demonstrates step-by-step how to program EXCEL to perform appropriate tasks, automate repetitive data processing tasks, and prepare integrated documents by transferring data and graphics. It covers problems such as how to perform linear regression and use the built-in statistical tools of EXCEL, as well as addressing advanced topics such as graphing complex equations, model building and the use of VBA and macros for user interface. Though the examples emphasize chemical applications, the information provided will prove useful to all scientists.
From the Back Cover
Everything you need to know about this emerging tool for scientific data processing
Spreadsheet packages -- once limited primarily to business applications-are emerging as invaluable tools for processing, analyzing, and presenting scientific data. Many spreadsheet programs now include built-in scientific and statistical tools, 3-D display options, and the capacity to nest dedicated scientific programs, enabling students, teachers, and scientists to process experimental data in a digital environment.
This book illustrates how EXCEL's flexible environment can be used to prepare spreadsheet solutions for scientific data processing problems. It demonstrates step by step how to program EXCEL to perform appropriate tasks, automate repetitive data processing tasks, and prepare integrated documents by transferring data and graphics. While the examples used are primarily related to chemistry, the overall approach is useful in numerous disciplines, including physics, engineering, and biology. Supported by numerous illustrations, this book
* Covers statistical functions and regression analysis
* Includes advanced topics, such as digital filters, graphing complex equations, nonlinear curve fitting, and mathematical model building
* Discusses the use of VBA and macros for user interface customization and automation of repetitive tasks
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Spreadsheets > Microsoft Excel
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Clinical
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Analytic
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Clinical
- Books > Science & Math > Experiments, Instruments & Measurement > Scientific Instruments
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pathology > Clinical Chemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry