The Standby Book: Activities for the Language Classroom Paperback – Sep 4 1997
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'As with a cookbook, you are free to choose your favourite recipe from this collection - and to create new ones from them. In any case, The Standby Book is a 'cookbook' I would not like to be without, and I expect its covers will soon show the traces of its constant use.' MET, Volume 7, number 4, 1998
'This anthology contains some 110 language learning activities compiled by 33 teachers from more than a dozen countries and teaching backgrounds, many of them contributors to Pilgrims summer schools in Canterbury. This is in itself a remarkable feat and a guarantee of pluriform approach. It is also the newest publication in the well-known and highly valued series of Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers.' 'While reading and browsing through the book I found many activities appealing and promising especially those requiring little or no materials.' VVLE Newsletter, Belgium, 1997
'At first glance this book looks remarkably similar to other favourites, but on closer inspection it noticeably covers a much wider spectrum of ideas and approaches.' 'With its clear presentation of simple and flexible ideas, this valuable resource book is especially recommended to those travelling light to far-flung areas of the globe, who want a lot of ideas 'under one roof'.' English Teaching Professional, 1998
'The Standby Book would be a welcome addition to any ESL staffroom reference library. It is thorough in its approach and clear in its objectives. While many of the concepts are not new to ESL, a lot of the classroom ideas are.' EA Journal, Vol 16, Australia, 1998
'The book's humanistic approach provides an eclectic anthology of activities, designed to encourage students to read, write, listen and speak. It also contributes opportunities for students to find out about each other, and build learners' confidence.' Issues, 1998
A rich resource for teachers of general English courses, groups of business and professional people and students of English for academic purposes.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is a book full of ideas that can serve as inspirations to teachers who want to create(or maintain) a lively and 'interactive' EFL or ESL classroom.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Curricula
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Lesson Planning
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Curriculum & Instruction
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics