Standing Tall: My Journey Paperback – Aug 12 2011
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Spencer's journey-and it certainly is a worldly, inspirational journey -- comes to life as he recounts the hills and valleys of his life. A fine mixture of humour and sincere storytelling, Standing Tall closely follows a young man's life who wanted more than just material possessions -- he wanted to have an impact." (Vancouver Sun 2011-10-08)
About the Author
Born with a genetic disease that caused the muscles in his legs not to work, Spencer West had both legs amputated just below his pelvis at the age of 5. He found his calling as a motivational speaker, and now speaks candidly to teens about overcoming stereotyping and bullying, about finding meaning and happiness in a material world, and how he never lost the hope or courage needed to mount personal obstacles. Spencer now works with Me to We Speakers and lives in Toronto.
Craig and Marc Keilburger are co-founders of Free The Children. Their work has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, CNN, BBC, and The Today Show, and in Time and The Economist."
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Special Needs
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Disabled
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Self-Esteem