W Stands for Women: How the George W. Bush Presidency Shaped a New Politics of Gender Hardcover – Aug 1 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Making lasting feminist sense of the George W. Bush presidency--long after it's over--will be a crucial intellectual task. "W Stands for Women" is going to be essential reading as we all tackle this challenge."--Cynthia Enloe, author of "Globalization and Militarism: Feminists Make the Link"
""W Stands for Women" offers a compelling, well-integrated account of 'the post-September 11 security state' in the United States."--Sylvia Bashevkin, "Feminist Theory"
From the Back Cover
"Full of strikingly original and meticulously theorized readings of contemporary public life, "W Stands for Women" is one of the most intellectually and politically exciting books that I've read in years."--Catherine A. Holland, author of "The Body Politic: Foundings, Citizenship, and Difference in the American Political Imagination"See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction > Civil Rights
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > United States
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Feminist Theory