Stardom and Celebrity: A Reader Paperback – Oct 17 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Recommended. Upper-division undergraduates through faculty." -- A.L. Knight "Choice" (08/14/2008)
'...an often engaging and often insightful book... Among the best pieces in the 29 chapter collection are those by Australian academics Graeme Turner, whose clear and concise chapter "The Economy of Celebrity" illustrates the industrial imperatives of stardom, and Catherine Lumby, who brings the experience of contemporary teen girl fandom to life in "Doing It For Themselves? Teenage Girls, Sexuality and Fame." And Richard de Cordova's chapter on the emergence of the American star system delivers a fascinating analysis of the construction of the celebrity system in movies' - "Media International Australia
"This welcome addition to the literature on fame goes beyond goes beyond stardom--though Redmond and Holmes cover that topic well--to discuss stardom and celebrity in general."--A.L. Knight"CHOICE" (08/14/2008)"
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Sports & Entertainment
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Communications
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Pedagogy
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Communication > Mass Communication
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Business Communication
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences