- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Statistics and Data Analysis for Microarrays using MATLAB , 2nd edition Hardcover – Jun 15 2016
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Praise for the First Edition
The book by Draghici is an excellent choice to be used as a textbook for a graduate-level bioinformatics course. This well-written book with two accompanying CD-ROMs will create much-needed enthusiasm among statisticians.
―Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, Vol. 74
I really like Draghici's book. As the author explains in the Preface, the book is intended to serve both the statistician who knows very little about DNA microarrays and the biologist who has no expertise in data analysis. The author lays out a study plan for the statistician that excludes 5 of the 17 chapters (4-8). These chapters present the basics of statistical distributions, estimation, hypothesis testing, ANOVA, and experimental design. What that leaves for the statistician is the three-chapter primer on microarrays and image processing, plus all of the data analysis tools specific to the microarray situation. … it includes two CDs with trial versions of several specialised software packages. Anyone who uses microarray data should certainly own a copy.
―Technometrics, Vol. 47, No. 1, February 2005
About the Author
Sorin Draghici is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Bioengineering > Biotechnology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Bioinformatics
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Biochemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Genetics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Special Topics > Biotechnology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Biotechnology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics > Statistics