Steal This Album
|Price:||CDN$ 8.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Chic 'N' Stew|
|5. N - guns|
|7. Mr. Jack|
|11. Highway Song|
|12. F**k The System|
|13. Ego Brain|
With Rage Against the Machine disbanded, System of a Down ascend to the political aggro-rock throne, and with Steal This Album, the Los Angeles-based quartet prove themselves worthy to wear the crown. A play on the late activist Abbie Hoffmans Steal This Book, the album consists of 16 System songs from the mid-1990s through 2001. The band stresses the songs are not "B-sides or outtakes"; in fact, they clearly show System at their apex. These smart, varied songs feature Serj's frenetic, staccato, Jello Biafra-like phrasing atop the band's edgy, commanding, metal-meets-punk base. From the funny, frantic "Chic 'N' Stu," to "F**k the System," "A.D.D. (American Dream Disorder)," and "Boom!" System keep listeners guessing with discomfiting time changes that match up with Serj's incendiary lyrics. In keeping with their creative, fan-oriented approach, System are releasing four limited runs of the CD, each version featuring artwork from a different band member. This is not escapist rock. It's an intense and eye-opening aural history lesson you can mosh to. --Katherine Turman
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) Chic 'N' Stu 4/5: Nice opener, funny lyrics but a bit repetitive.
2) Innervision 5/5: One of their best songs yet. Great drum beat and the lyrics are great.
3) Bubbles 4.5/5: Fast-paced and loud. Lyrics are good.
4) Boom! 5/5: Best anti-war song of recent vintage.
5) Nuguns 3.5/5: Not a bad song, but not their best either. Somewhat annoying.
6) A.D.D. 5/5: Right back to top-notch material. One of their better songs.
7) Mr. Jack 4/5: Just not fast enough for my taste, but it is a good song. Lyrics in particular.
8) I-E-A-I-A-I-O 4.5/5: Awesome, but .5 off because I'm not sure there's really a point to the song...
9) 36 1.5/5: Only good thing about this track is that if you think about it, this is their 36th track- 13 on SOAD and 14 on Toxicity = 27 tracks, this is the 9th on STA. Wonder if the band titled the song this on purpose?
10) Pictures 3.75/5: Good rhythm, just not crazy about the lyrics.
11) Highway Song 5/5: Best song on the CD. Terrific rhythm, great lyrics, and overall outstanding.
12) F**k the System 5/5: Fast, fast, fast, and loud, loud, loud! Lyrics are good.
13) Ego Brain 4.5/5: If it moved a bit faster it might be the best song on the CD. Great lyrics.
14) Thetawaves 4.5/5: Interesting sound to the song. Nice lyrics win brownie points.
15) Roulette 5/5: Beautiful lyrics and musicianship all around. Right up there with Highway Song.
16) Streamline 4/5: Overall a good song, problem is it doesn't really fit that well on the CD.
Chic n Stu- 8/10 This song is really funny! I like the part where Serj is like 'Pepporonni, onion, peppers, mushrooms, olives, chive.' Very nice.
Innerision- 7/10 This is a very good song, will possibly be the next single. Has a very strong meaning.
Bubbles- 5/10 I don't like this one much, highly forgettable
Boom!- 9/10 I love Serj's trance-like voice in this one. It is about how too much American money is spent on explosives. Sad but true.
Nuguns- 6/10 I love the intro. The rest of the song...is worth a 4.
A.D.D.- 9/10 I love this song!!!! it has a very true meaning. It stands for American Dream Denial. It is somewhat sad.
Mr. Jack- 10000000000/10 THIS SONG IS SO COOL! This is my favorite SOAD song of all time. I like the riff that goes throughout the whole song but gradually gets faster. It is a complaint against police. Too much swearing at the end.
I-E-A-I-A-I-O- 7/10- Funny song with very fast-paced singing. There is one line about Jimmy Carter and fighter pilots. I bet Serj was high when he wrote this.
36- 3/10 Filler. Has a weird nursery rhyme feel to it...
Pictures- 2/10 This is the only problem here. I really dont like this, Serj put no thought into it when it was wrote! At least the rest are better than this.
Highway Song- 7/10 Blends into Pictures really well. I thought it was still pictures the first time i heard it! other than that, no comment.
F*ck The System- 8/10 Another anti-war song. Full of swears, very unpredictable.
Ego Brain- 10/10 Very well put together. This is the kind of System i like. I love the acoustic part at the beginning.
Thetawaves- 7/10 No comment.
Roulette- 1/10 A different side of SOAD, not one i like. Sorry, Serj!
Streamline- 8/10 A very strong closer about Serj's girlfriend leaving him.
Overall, this album is AWESOME!!!!!
Most recent customer reviews
You can never go wrong with some System of a Down!!! But I didn't steal this album, I did pay for it!!!Published 7 months ago by Jeremy
Another CD of theirs with meaningful lyrics and also some random songs. This CD is excellent and should not be missed, especially by fans. Read morePublished on Aug. 20 2005 by Kat
How this album is not considered one of SOAD's best baffles me! This album is a masterpiece....just another great disc from one of the most intense and original bands ever! Read morePublished on May 23 2005
System of a Down is great, this album is great, the songs are great, everything is great. There are 16 songs on "Steal This Album" and they all kick a$$. Read morePublished on Feb. 17 2005
This album is a very solid collaboration, although it falters in some respects. Heavy metal is a genre that gets discredited for being repetitious, and this album has a few songs... Read morePublished on Sept. 5 2004 by Brent Wettlaufer
I am a loyal fan, but the system has failed me for the first, and hopefully last time Steal this album frankly made the system seem to suck. 1 thumb down and a fart!Published on July 17 2004 by David Lew Cooper
"Steal this Album" is the best of system of a down. This is my favorite band. I have two other cds from them, but this one is used for road trips only. Read morePublished on June 27 2004 by Ray