- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Stepping Up: How Taking Responsibility Changes Everything Audio CD – Audiobook, CD
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was very disappointed. The general message of the book is good, and at moments it helped to wake me up to how I was making excuses or how I could be more, better and step up. Those moments I enjoyed, but they were few and far between. The rest of the book feels like filler. The stories come from varied back grounds but all are told in such short fashions that it feels like he copied blurbs and abstracts from magazines with a few words of why they are good examples.
Some of the examples are HORRIBLE. He applauds a lady at the LCBO for deciding to spruce up the store and getting 50% more women buying products. For those of you not from Ontario the LCBO is a Liquor store ... its also the ONLY liquor store - because in Ontario only the government can sell liquor. Her "stepping up" involved sprucing up a store with NO COMPETITION and getting more women to drink...
WHY DID YOU NEED TO PUT THAT IN YOUR BOOK!?
Beside from borrowing heavily from other books - a story about the KIPP program featured in other books like Malcolm Gladwells Outliers and Talent is overated by Geoff Colvin, the other stories are often unremarkable or mentioned shallowly.
I think at the end of the day the reason why this book sucks is because he tried to write another book in the same format as his previous hit "the 5 secrets you must discover before you die." In that book the short anecdotes worked so well and helped to illuminate simple wisdom held within. Unremarkable stories almost served to punctuate the point - that life can be lived well by anybody.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Personal Growth
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Health, Mind & Body > Self Help
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Success