- Hardcover: 216 pages
- Publisher: Zondervan (Oct. 14 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0310276470
- ISBN-13: 978-0310276470
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 1.9 x 24.8 cm
- Shipping Weight: 862 g
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #312,389 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
In the Steps of Jesus: An Illustrated Guide to the Places of the Holy Land Hardcover – Oct 14 2007
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Behold the Dreamers" is an unforgettable debut novel about a family's struggle to make a new life in America from author Imbolo Mbue. Learn more
From the Back Cover
In the Steps of Jesus presents a visually stimulating tour of the places Jesus visited and ministered in during his time on earth as recorded in the Gospels. Each location is addressed separately and includes such cities as Capernaum, Nazareth, and Jerusalem. Full color photos bring to life the ancient world of the Bible few will ever be able to visit in person. With every page, the reader will gain greater insight into the history, geography, and unique features of these historic places. A must-have reference book for those interested in the study of the New Testament and the life of Christ.
About the Author
The Revd. Peter Walker is a tutor in biblical studies at Wycliffe Hall within the University of Oxford. In addition to leading many tours to the Holy Land he has studied classics and early church history at Cambridge University and has done extensive research at the post-doctorate level on Christian attitudes toward Jerusalem.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The book is advertised as a “fascinating, image-rich tour through the land, life and times of Jesus.” However, the 215 pages are mostly text and although color photos do decorate many pages, they were not pictures of the traditional sites most Christians want to visit.
The book is fully indexed, both by Biblical reference and by General References. Also included a page of picture acknowledgments and a page of “further reading” references.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Middle Eastern
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bibles > New Testament
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Jesus > Historical Jesus
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference > Bible Study
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference > Commentaries
- Books > History > Middle East > Israel
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography > Historic
- Books > Travel > Asia
- Books > Travel > Middle East > Israel
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks