Stories on Stage: Children's Plays for Readers Theater, With 15 Reader's Theatre Play Scripts From 15 Authors, Including Roald Dahl's The Twits and Louis Sachar's Sideways Stories from Wayside School Paperback – May 9 2005
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From School Library Journal
Grade 1-6–This edition of Shepards collection of closely adapted story scripts for elementary children is basically the same as the original (H. W. Wilson, 1993) with a couple of changes. It has been pared down from 22 stories to 15 (more available on the Web site) and omits the appendix that offered detailed information on using readers theater in the classroom and on these scripts in particular. With its mix of humor, fantasy, and multicultural tales, such as Caryn Yacowitzs The Jade Stone and Harold Courlanders Talk, this book gives teachers both a fun and useful tool for bringing reading and literature to their students.–Betty S. Evans, Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Aaron Shepard once again provides the means for teachers to nurture a passion for the written word. -- Susan Finney, Author, Keep the Rest of the Class Reading and Writing While You Teach Small Groups
An intriguing, well-rounded collection. . . . The tone and content of source material is effectively preserved. -- The Horn Book Guide, July-Dec. 1993
Give kids a script and watch them act. . . . Shepard's talent as a storyteller shines out in his adaptations. -- Jan Lieberman, TNT: Tips & Titles of Books, Fall 1993
Reader's theater gets a boost. . . . The scripts are simple and direct, multicultural, and easily reproducible for classroom use. -- Ilene Cooper, Booklist (American Library Association), Jan. 1, 1994
Stellar scripts. . . . This is one must-have book. -- Judy Freeman, Author, More Books Kids Will Sit Still For
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The stories themselves are entertaining (even for high school!!!), compelling, and really fun to work with. I am SO grateful I ordered this!
I downloaded this free on Kindle which is great to get an idea of what the content is like BUT very impractical to use for actually doing the plays. If you purchase the paperback edition you are able to make multiple copies so way more practical.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre
- Books > Children's Books > Arts, Music & Photography > Performing Arts > Drama & Theatre
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods > Reading & Phonics
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Reading Skills
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Drama
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Theater