- Mass Market Paperback: 1216 pages
- Publisher: Bantam; 1 edition (March 4 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 055357342X
- ISBN-13: 978-0553573428
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 4.7 x 17.4 cm
- Shipping Weight: 522 g
- Average Customer Review: 598 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #51,549 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
A Storm of Swords: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Three Mass Market Paperback – Mar 4 2003
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“A riveting continuation of a series whose brilliance continues to dazzle.”—Patriot News
“I always expect the best from George R. R. Martin, and he always delivers.”—Robert Jordan
From the Inside Flap
Here is the third volume in George R. R. Martin's magnificent cycle of novels that includes A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. As a whole, this series comprises a genuine masterpiece of modern fantasy, bringing together the best the genre has to offer. Magic, mystery, intrigue, romance, and adventure fill these pages and transport us to a world unlike any we have ever experienced. Already hailed as a classic, George R. R. Martin's stunning series is destined to stand as one of the great achievements of imaginative fiction.
A Storm of Swords
Of the five contenders for power, one is dead, another in disfavor, and still the wars rage as violently as ever, as alliances are made and broken. Joffrey, of House Lannister, sits on the Iron Throne, the uneasy ruler of the land of the Seven Kingdoms. His most bitter rival, Lord Stannis, stands defeated and disgraced, the victim of the jealous sorceress who holds him in her evil thrall. But young Robb, of House Stark, still rules the North from the fortress of Riverrun. Robb plots against his despised Lannister enemies, even as they hold his sister hostage at King's Landing, the seat of the Iron Throne. Meanwhile, making her way across a blood-drenched continent is the exiled queen, Daenerys, mistress of the only three dragons still left in the world....
But as opposing forces maneuver for the final titanic showdown, an army of barbaric wildlings arrives from the outermost line of civilization. In their vanguard is a horde of mythical Others--a supernatural army of the living dead whose animated corpses are unstoppable. As the future of the land hangs in the balance, no one will rest until the Seven Kingdoms have exploded in averitable storm of swords. . .
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I don't know why I keep hoping for a happy ending when I should know by now that GRRM is never nice to the characters.
2. Don't let the size of this book put you off from reading it! There's so much that happens that time flies by while reading it.
3. I'd say the pacing was very comfortable for the majority of the book but it especially picked up near the end (with a double cliffhanger!). There was never a dull moment in the book, it had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!
4. This book was such a roller-coaster ride in that I never expected any of the twists in the plot. It had me speechless (and cursing at GRRM) and kept wanting to read more.
5. OH MY GOD THAT EPILOGUE....HAD ME SPEECHLESS!!
6. I loved how the author added Jaime and Samwell's POVs in this book. Jaime's character development was amazing; you definitely see a different side to him and you understand why the does the things he does.
7. All of the cunning strategies and schemes made in the second book finally comes into play and people are being betrayed, people betraying others, and making unexpected alliances. I LOVE IT!!
I chose to get the audiobook as well as the actual novel. I think it adds to the experience.
Roy Doltrice does a good job of narrating in the audiobook, he is good at doing multiple characters.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews