- Hardcover: 576 pages
- Publisher: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division; 1st edition (May 28 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0802037119
- ISBN-13: 978-0802037114
- Product Dimensions: 15.8 x 4.2 x 23.5 cm
- Shipping Weight: 839 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,902,992 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Straddling Borders: Literature and Identity in Subcarpathian Rus' Hardcover – May 28 2003
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Rusinko's study is richly imagined, thoroughly researched, lucidly written. Rusinko deals very thoughtfully with the many specific problems raised by individual works, but she also looks at more general issues. The vivacity, the sheer critical intelligence with which such problems and issues are being posed constitute some of the most outstanding features of this book. The strongest aspects of Literature and Identity in Subcarpathian Rus' are Rusinko's intellectual courage to challenge the long-standing scholarly paradigm that ignores Rusyn literature; her prodigious research, the sine qua non of responsible scholarship; and her sophisticated conceptual framework attentive to current debates in critical theory, particularly postcolonial theory and cultural studies.'(Halina Filipowicz, Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures, University of Wisconsin, Madison)
About the Author
Elaine Rusinko is Associate Professor of Russian at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Russian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Regional & Cultural > European > Eastern
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Regional & Cultural > Russian
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European