The Wall Street Journal Guide to Planning Your Financial Future, 3rd Edition: The Easy-To-Read Guide to Planning for Retirement Paperback – Sep 3 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
But tomorrow comes and we need to face that. And the sooner the better! This guide is a good introduction to the basic concepts of the issues that need to be considered when thinking about your future financial needs. It is especially good as a text for young people to help them form their thinking about the basic issues of earning, spending, and saving and how to plan and control all three.
This is NOT detailed or current enough to serve as a guide or manual for financial planning. This is an introductory text to help you understand some basic concepts and terms. This guide helps you gain a working vocabulary of the terms and issues involved in preparing for a nice retirement. It is VERY colorful with many illustrations that add to the text and many which are there as eye candy.
That being said, I felt like the organization of the book was lacking; too many concepts were explained out of order or in such a way that a smooth flow didn't occur. Also, knowledge was assumed on the part of the reader in a manner that I found unacceptable. It was like, "Jeese, I'm reading this kind of book to find out WHAT such and such is, not just to read ABOUT it." Kind of like being told lots of details about a 401(k) without ever being told what it really is.
Overall: Helpful as a supplement to another book, such as _Retirement Bible_, by Lynn O'Shaughnessy. Good for reinforcing your learning.
Most recent customer reviews
Its a very easy to read guide on planning your financial, future, I bought this one, and after reading it, I also bought the one on "money and invesing" and the one on... Read morePublished on Feb. 23 2003 by Jaime R. Castro Cano
This was a great (5 star rating) book in 1998. However, there have been many changes in the tax laws and retirement saving instruments (like roth IRA, education credit etc. Read morePublished on Nov. 1 2001 by Abhas Jain
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Industrial Relations
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Business & Investing > Personal Finance > Budgeting & Money Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Personal Finance > Financial Planning
- Books > Business & Investing > Personal Finance > Retirement Planning
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management Science