- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Structural Impact Hardcover – Dec 26 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This book would be a useful resource for a graduate-level course...Recommended." - H. I. Epstein, University of Connecticut
Structural Impact is concerned with the behaviour of structures and components subjected to large dynamic, impact and explosive loads which produce inelastic deformations and is of interest for safety calculations, hazard assessments and energy absorbing systems throughout industry. This book introduces the rigid plastic methods of analysis for the dynamic response of beams, plates and shells, and discusses dynamic material properties, dynamic progressive buckling, which develops in several energy absorbing systems, and the phenomenon of dynamic plastic buckling. The author includes a chapter on the scaling laws because they are important for relating the response of small-scale experimental tests to the dynamic behaviour of full-scale prototypes.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace > Structural Dynamics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Structural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mechanics