- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Succeeding as an International Student in the United States and Canada Paperback – Apr 15 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Lipson provides a true insider's perspective on American higher education with a view from the classroom to help students find their way around and get the most out of their academic pursuits. Professor Lipson guides students through the day-to-day details of life in North America, and, more significantly, he explains with tremendous insight the nuances of the academic environments in which they will be working.... We are all in his debt." - From the Foreword by Allan E. Goodman, President & CEO, Institute of International Education "A well-written, highly informative guide to campus life abroad.... The advice is valuable and Lipson's direct and informal style very effective." - Philip G. Altbach, Director of the Center for International Higher Education at Boston College"
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book is really good and well structurized. I contains not only general information about american academic cuture but also many everyday things: greetings in different parts of the country, spending free time, buying a car and so on.
But you have to know. This book is predominately about US education. Canadain universities are discribed only in comparison with US ones.
I've been in the international education field for eight years, and I'm currently making a transition from ESL teacher to ISSS administrative role. This book lays out simply and clearly many of the challenges that international students face, so it has helped me to better understand potential problems I will face in counseling students.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias
- Books > Education & Reference > Higher & Continuing Education > College & University > College Guides
- Books > Education & Reference > Higher & Continuing Education > College & University > Student Life
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Teens > Reference > College & University Bound > College Guides
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Students
- Books > Travel > United States > States > Illinois