- Sheet music: 48 pages
- Publisher: Oxford Univ Pr (Sd) (June 28 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0193868172
- ISBN-13: 978-0193868175
- Product Dimensions: 30.5 x 0.5 x 22.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 181 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Super Flumina Babylonis and Quomodo Cantabimus: Vocal Score Sheet music – Jun 28 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The choice of pieces, however, is what makes this volume special ... The two composers evidently made contact, as de Monte sent Byrd his setting of Psalm 137 vv1-4: Super Fulmina Babylonis. Byrd responded witha setting of vv4-7 of the same Psalm , which is almost unsurpassed in its poignancy and expression. Can you think of a better combination for a volume, a concert, or more appropriately, a church service? Jonathan Wikeley, Music Teacher, August 08
About the Author
Sally Dunkley was a student at Oxford University, where she sang with the pioneering group the Clerkes of Oxenford. Since then, her career as a professional consort singer has developed hand-in-hand with continuing in-depth study of the music as editor, writer, researcher, and teacher. She is a founder member of The Sixteen and sang with the Tallis Scholars.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Music > Songbooks and Chorale Music
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Voice
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Ballet & Dance
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Religious & Church Music
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Vocal
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Religious & Sacred Music
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Botany