Sweet Cakes, Long Journey: The Chinatowns of Portland, Oregon Paperback – May 1 2004
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
An engaging read..Wong's detailed account of Portland is invaluable for the comparative insights it offers into the better known Chinatowns of California and New York.(American Historical Review)
Engagingly written and richly informative, [this] is a welcome and important addition to Chinese American history.(Western Historical Quarterly)
A very impressive book. It makes an important and original contribution to our understanding of Asian American history, urban history, and the specific history of Portland, Oregon. Thanks to the diligence and skill of Marie Rose Wong, the Chinatowns of Portland may finally receive the serious attention of historians that they have long deserved.(Oregon Historical Quarterly)
The history of Portland’s Chinatowns from their early beginnings in the 1850s until the repeal of the Chinese Exclusion Act in the 1940s.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > Asia > China
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Race Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Asian American Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Ethnic Studies