- Actors: Yôsuke Eguchi, Masanobu Andô, Aoi Miyazaki, Hijiri Kojima, Minoru Torihada
- Directors: Toru Matsuura
- Writers: Scott Gensch, Yûji Sakamoto
- Producers: Atsuko Ohno, Kenzô Horikoshi
- Format: Anamorphic, Color, DVD-Video, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English, Japanese
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: A.D.V. Films
- Release Date: Feb. 27 2007
- Run Time: 122 minutes
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- ASIN: B000L212E0
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #190,253 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Synesthesia Special Edition (2 dvd set)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Mari suffers from synesthesia a rare disorder that mixes up the senses. She s lived a sheltered life but when her adoptive parents die mysteriously Mari s condition may hold the key to catching a dangerous serial killer. Now she and Shinsuke another synesthete must catch the killer before Mari becomes his next victim. System Requirements:Run Time: 123 minutesFormat: DVD MOVIE Genre: ANIMATION/ADULT SWIM Rating: UNRATED UPC: 702727171420 Manufacturer No: DSYN/001
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
Not all movies need to be fast paced or full of intense action sequences to be good.
I recommend this movie, more to fans of Japanese films, but as well to those looking for something not "Hollywood."
Synesthesia (the movie) basically is about murderer (who for some reason represents himself by some sort of elk, yes an elk) who is afflicted with the disease and is leaving messages at the crime scenes that can only be seen by other synesthesiacs. This was the main fault of the movie, the disease is unique to every person and it would not be possible for two people to have exactly the same symptoms (i.e. seeing yellow makes you smell burnt toast, looking at the number 6 makes you taste jelly beans, etc.). So the movie drags on for over two hours without anything ever really interesting happening, not even a good action or chase scene. Even when the killer leaves the "unseen" messages and the other charactor notices them nothing happens, no special effects to let you see what the charactor sees just this girl saying, "oh you see that pool of blood, well he left the letter M right there on the floor."
Synesthesia sounds very interesting and it very well could have been a great movie but I assure you it was a long waste of time.