- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
System Center Operations Manager (OpsMgr) 2007 R2 Unleashed: Supplement to System Center Operations Manager 2007 Unleashed Paperback – Apr 16 2010
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This up-to-the-minute supplement to "System Center Operations Manager 2007 Unleashed" brings together practical, in-depth information about System Operations Manager 2007, including major enhancements introduced with the R2 release, as well as essential information on other products and technologies OpsMgr integrates with and relies upon. Drawing on their unsurpassed deployment experience, four leading independent OpsMgr experts with a half dozen leading subject matter experts show how to take full advantage of new Unix/Linux cross platform extensions, Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 integration, PowerShell extensions, and much more. They also present in-depth coverage of using OpsMgr with virtualization, authoring new management packs, and maximizing availability. A detailed "OpsMgr R2 by Example" appendix presents indispensable tuning and configuration tips for several of OpsMgr R2's most important management packs. This book also contains the world's most compre- hensive collection of OpsMgr R2 reference links.
- Discover and monitor Linux and Unix systems through OpsMgr with the new Cross Platform Extensions
- Utilize Microsoft's upgraded management packs and templates for monitoring operating systems, services, and applications
- Monitor your system with the Health Explorer and new Visio add-in
- Create OpsMgr 2007 R2 reports and queries utilizing SQL Server 2008
- Understand how Windows Server 2008 and OpsMgr integrate
- Use PowerShell and the OpsMgr Shell to automate common management tasks
- Efficiently manage virtualized environments (Hyper-V or ESX vCenter)
- Author your own OpsMgr custom management packs
- Implement advanced high availability and business continuity management
- Use targeting to apply the appropriate monitoring to each component
- Master advanced ACS techniques for noise filtering, access hardening, and auditing
About the Author
Kerrie Meyler is an independent consultant and trainer with 15+ years of IT experience, including work as a Senior Technical Specialist at Microsoft. Cameron Fuller is a Principal Consultant for Catapult Systems, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. He focuses on management solutions and has 15+ years of infrastructure experience. John Joyner is Senior Architect at ClearPointe, a leading provider of remote server management and hosted Network Operations Center services based on OpsMgr. He was Track External Advisor for TechEd 2009’s Virtualization track. Andy Dominey is Principal Operations Manager Consultant at 1E, a Microsoft Partner specializing in Windows management. He has made substantial contributions to high availability in OpsMgr 2007. The authors are experienced Operations Manager administrators, have been recognized as OpsMgr MVPs, authored System Center Operations Manager 2007 Unleashed, and present at TechEd and MMS.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Operating Systems > Windows NT Server
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise > Client-Server Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems