System of a Down Explicit Lyrics
|Price:||CDN$ 8.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|13. P.L.U.C.K. (Politically Lying, Unholy, Cowardly Killers)|
Vinyl Classics reissue of the 1998 album comes as a vinyl look-a-like CD that's packaged in a die-cut see-through slipcase. Features the same 13 tracks as the US pressing. Sony. 2005.
This debut by the L.A.-based quartet is a hybrid of explosive rap-metal, politically incendiary lyrics, and wide-ranging cultural influences. The members are of Armenian descent, but their diverse stylistic background transcends easy cultural labeling. Singer Serj Tankian's throaty roar competes with any mosh-pit rocker around, but his real trademark is his emotional wail and refreshingly melodic singing, especially on songs such as "Spiders" and the condemnatory "P.L.U.C.K." Guitarist Daron Malakian, bassist Shavo Odadjian, and drummer John Dolmayan lock in tight on the capricious arrangements of "Know," "Ddevil," and "CUBErt." Their musical diversity runs wonderfully wild on "Sugar" and "Suggestions" with dizzying shifts of style and intensity. The tracks "Peephole" and "War?" reveal the band at perhaps its eclectic best, with vaguely Eastern European-sounding guitar riffs, passionate battle cries, and samples provided by legendary hip-hop producer Rick Rubin. --Mark McCleerey
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
FAV songs:all except for cubert(this song is just okay to me.)
WARNING! SYSTEM OF A DOWN MAY BE ADDICTIVE!
That's not to say that the album has a heavy-handed political agenda, though. Yes, the lyrics are politically motivated, but in the era of fluff like Limp Bizkit's "Rollin'," it's more than welcome. The opening riffs of "Suite-Pee" hit hard and the band rarely lets up, except for the introspective hit single "Spiders."
For profane, unrelentingly angry nu-metal, you could turn anywhere and find what you're looking for. But if you want to channel that anger and energy for something better than personal vengeance, System of a Down is the band for you.
1. Suite-Pee 9/10 A great opener for a great album, heavy and fast.
2. Know 10/10 The second best song on the CD more fast beats and heavy guitars.
3. Sugar 9/10 Another upbeat, almost (and again I say ALMOST) rap-like song, featuring some terrific bass.
4. Suggestions 9/10 Less upbeat overall, but does have some very heavy parts. Very catchy acoustic intro.
5. Spiders 9.5/10 Slowest song on the album, but still awesome.
6. DDevil 8/10 Upbeat guitars, maniacal vocals, strange lyrics. Typical System of a Down
7. Soil 9/10 Another great, heavy song with fairly deep lyrics about losing a friend to suicide.
8. War? 10/10 Great guitars and effects. Lyrics ridiculing religious war.
9. Mind 7/10 My least favorite song on the album, but only because it is rather unfocused and a bit too long. Some great death metal influences though.
10. Peephole 8/10 A bit spooky...sounds rather like carnival music during the verses
11. CUBErt 10/10 Great song! At less than a two minutes, however, it is way to short.
12. Darts 8/10 Heavy, but not overly imaginative.
13. P.L.U.C.K. 15/10 I give it a 15 because it is just that good! Best song on the album and possibly SOAD's best to date (through "Steal This Album!")
1.Suite-Pee 10/10. Cool lyrics and pretty fasy. Nice opening song.My 2nd favorite on the album.
2.Know 9/10.Great song. Loud vocals. Cool song.
3.Sugar 10/10. My favorite song. I like playing this song on my guitar.It's really easy. I love this song! I don't know why a whole bunch of people don't like this song.
4.Suggestions 8/10. This song is funny. Especially the high pitched voice near the end.
5.Spiders 9/10. Slow, but very good. I love the guitar solo in the beginning.
6.DDevil 9/10. This song is funny too. Too bad it's so short.
7.Soil 10/10. This song is fast. Great song! This is another great song on the album.
8. War? 9.5/10 Cool intro. Good song. Nice guitar riffs. Cool chorus too.
9.Mind 7/10. I don't really like this song.Some of it is good but it's pretty bizarre.
10.Peephole 9/10. Good song. It sounds like its about getting high. I like the intro it kind of shows you whats in the song.
11.CUBErt 8/10 this song is pretty good but kind of weird.
12.Darts 9/10 Its pretty weird but i like it.
13.P.L.U.C.K. 10/10. Awesome closing song! I love it.
Over all, if you don't have this album you should buy it! It's totally awesome.You should buy Toxicity too.
Most recent customer reviews
Great album!! SOAD f***N Rules! Really hard album with great guitar and base showing their start of a great band.Published on Sept. 4 2012 by Mike
yoo this the best system of a down album ever!Anyone who appreciates system's music or even just likes to listen to a good metal album once in a while, this album is a must... Read morePublished on July 28 2006 by Danny Cabral
i became a System fan in 2002 when Toxicity came out but i really got into their Music last year when Mezmerize came out,i became the Biggest FAN EVER!!! Read morePublished on Feb. 16 2006
i dont know what you would call this music but it is nonetheless awsome. i like every song in this cd and is one of my all time favorites. Read morePublished on June 29 2004
Some people think this band sucks and that it's not metal. I don't think that it's real metal either, but just because it's not metal doesn't mean it sucks. Read morePublished on June 18 2004 by Mark T. Wayne
I'm not their biggest fan, but this is a pretty good album. They mix the politics of "Rage Against The Machine", with a sound that's just as aggressive. Read morePublished on May 29 2004 by H3@+h
ok, i am one of the biggest SOAD fans that has ever lived. and this album is one of the reasons i love them. suite pee and war? Read morePublished on May 17 2004
Half of the people who reviewd this cd bought the secound cd before this one there for they are not TRUE system of a down fanns. Read morePublished on May 11 2004 by SiC_STONER