Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 5.53 shipping
T-Mobile OEM Sleeve Gel Cover Skin Case for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II T989 -Black
|Price:||CDN$ 25.77 FREE SHIPPING.|
- Top Quality OEM Original Gel Skin Cover w/ Ultimate Impact Protection
- Appropriate Openings for All Ports & Buttons
- Intelligent D3O Molecules Lock Together to Absorb Shock
- More Impact Protection Than Other Popular Brand of Gel Skins & Shells
- Made w/ Military Grade D3O Intelligent Technology
Top Quality OEM Original Gel Skin Cover w/ Ultimate Impact ProtectionAppropriate Openings for All Ports & ButtonsIntelligent D3O Molecules Lock Together to Absorb ShockMore Impact Protection Than Other Popular Brand of Gel Skins & ShellsMade w/ Military Grade D3O Intelligent TechnologyProtect Your Device From Drops, Bumps & BruisesSleek Design That's Custom-Fit For an Easy Grip
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
the fit is brilliant, it's tight and secure, no flex, or give anywhere, it almost becomes part of the phone.
now down to the nitty-gritty, the D30 itself. A special experimental material designed to harden on impact, the d30 functions by distributing the force along its length into it's own molecules, thus converting the energy and preventing the force form being carried onto the device, which is what causes damage. While i haven't tested it to its limits, so far in my random drops, it has fared very well. Once falling from a height of about 8 feet onto concrete, and no damage at all, except to a scuff on the corner of the case. the phone is still pristine.
point to note, the front of the phone is gorilla glass, and is therefore strengthened against accidents, but it is NOT unbreakable. The case doesn't protect the front obviously, except for the edges where it wraps around. this is not a problem in regular drops, in which the phone tends to drop at an angle due to its weight distribution, and land on its corner. It's very hard to accidentally drop a phone totally face down. even if you do, the few millimeter the case projects on the front should be enough to save the glass since it prevents the glass from touching the surface it is dropped on, assuming it is totally flat. But it you drop on a gravelly surface, or stones or rocks, don't expect the case to save your phone from face down drops. NOTE: these are very rare, and unusual circumstances, and wont apply to everyone. In all other situations this case is the best protection you can get for this phone, and still maintain a sexy profile.
1. Solid built. The case feels tough. The exterior finish is alright (not the best) and I think it has to do with the material they use. It seems like it may pick up lint due to static. But then gel cases that I have bought in the past also do that.
2. The case fits the phone perfectly. All ports including the noise cancellation ports are vented. The case is designed to accommodate the volume control and power buttons. You will notice that they are a lot more tough to press with the case on, but that has to do with the polymer material they use. Not an issue for me. I'd rather have a well-protected phone.
3. It would have been nice if they had customized 'Galaxy S II' or at least 'D3O' on the back. Now I have to remove the case to show it off! (Pathetic complaint, I know.)
4. Yes, it has the orange band ;-)
Important: This case is specifically designed for T-Mobile Galaxy S II. If you're using other variants of Galaxy S II, this may not fit your phone. I haven't confirmed that, so I'm not saying that it absolutely won't. Better check before you buy one. (If you are interested in knowing how the technology works, search the websites of D3O and TECH21+. Wikipedia: Dilatant)