Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 8.60 shipping
THERMOS 16 Ounce Vacuum Insulated Travel Mug, Stainless Steel
|List Price:||CDN$ 35.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 29.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 6.00 (17%)|
- The sipp thermos line combines sleek style with unique functional features
- Thermax double-wall vacuum insulation is designed to keep liquids hot for 5 hours and cold for 9 hours
- Crafted with an unbreakable stainless-steel interior and exterior, the tumbler is made to endure
- Eastman tritan lid is bpa free and has a built- in tea hook for tea bags or most loose-leaf infusers
- Leak-proof lid with one-hand push-button operation; holds up to 16-Ounce; cleans safely and easily in the dishwasher
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color Name: Stainless Steel
Introducing Sipp by Thermos. The Sipp Thermos line of products combines sleek style with unique functional features. The TherMax double wall vacuum stainless steel tumbler will keep hot for 5 hours and cold for 9 hours. The Eastman Tritan lids are BPA free and have a built- in tea hook for tea bags or most loose leaf infusers. Leak-proof lid with one hand push button operation; dishwasher safe; 16 ounce capacity. Stainless Steel tumbler with black lid.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The open/close toggle button is terrible as it is not obvious if the lid is open or not. Sometimes I can see if the lid is open, but mostly I click it a few times to verify. The black part of the button is not secured and will eventually separate from the white part. Some superglue will fix this but it seems poorly attached if it just falls off.
The black lid does not have any indications as to where the openings are. You risk a spill if you just grab the mug without looking first. It becomes even worse if the room is not fully lit as then you have no chance of finding the openings. The version with a handle or the white version doesn’t have this issue. I simply added a dot by the openings to fix it.
Basically the mug is great but the lid will not win any design awards.
Edit: Oddly enough within a week of each other, both of the mugs accidently dropped and the silver ring between the lid and the mug broke off so I had to remove a star. We've had a couple minor leaks since then but we keep using them because they still keep our coffee so hot.
This was a great choice. It keeps my coffee hot, longer than my old. In fact a hot chocolate, or coffee stays hot in it for 4 hours and it still very warm after 6. Pretty amazing actually.
It looks and feels great. Cleaning is a little more work than my previous, but it's not too bad. There are more parts (5 for the lid), that I'm not sure I want to put in the dishwasher. My one complaint is the unprotected bottom. The previous mug had a plastic covered bottom which protected it from denting on drops. This could use something like that. I've dented mine already and now it has a little wobble on the bottom, which is annoying. One other (minor) thing is that it's hard to see the sip holes on the black lid, which isn't great for driving if you have to look to make sure you won't spill on each sip. A little mark or a dimple you could feel for with your hands or lip would be a nice touch.
To sum up, it's a 5-star traveller. Probably the best out there.
- Keeps it hot!
- No spills (fully sealed when closed)
- Overall design and feel
- Good size
- Tea hook
- Cleaning effort
- No rubber bumper on the bottom
It means that in the lab where I sit is surrounded by equipment which easily costs $100 thousands, if not more. Clearly I cannot afford spilling any liquid over them or my career is done. However, working a long period of time in a basement one cannot live without liters of coffee. A simple way seems to get a sealed coffee container with a lid, which is safe to use however troublesome to drink. What do I do?
This mug is wonderful in a few ways:
1. It is well insulated. It can keep your coffee reasonably hot for 1-2 hours easily, which is well within the period I have had a cup.
2. The ease of use. There is a small, black button on the top of the lid. It's toggling the seal open and close. Press once, drink, press once again, it closes. I can't think of something much easier. Tip the mug towards the most expensive thing in the lab and nothing spills out. The prof is happy and I can stay.
3. Easy to clean. This was my biggest worry before I have my hands on this thing. There were a few parts in the mug, which are all essential for operation (leak-proof and insulating). It seems on the first glance complicated and a pain to remove, however they are basically locked by one single piece. Turning it 45 degrees then everything comes out. The design didn't seem to trap dirt easily, at least not for coffee.
At the end I would say it is a great mug for people who want to keep the workplace and their job safe, without compromising on convenience. I highly recommend it.
If you're having issues with the mug leaking, it's likely because you've filled it past the 'fill line' - which is a good 4cm below the lip of the mug. Filling past this will result in leaking.
Other nice features: The lid is very nice to drink from. The lid is 99% leak proof; I wouldn't put it upside down in my bag, but I've never had problems with liquid leaking out when the lid is closed. It's dishwasher safe. You can use it like a small thermos, and make a hot drink to have many hours later.
Cons: It's a little tricky to tell whether the lid is set to 'open' or 'closed.' It's also a little tricky to tell where the mouth/drinking holes are; you need to look closely which can be hard if driving in the dark, for example. I used a permanent marker to put a dot where the drinking hole is, and this solved the problem.
Most recent customer reviews
I bought it as a gift. All I know is they liked it because it kept their coffee hot. I can't comment further.Published 2 months ago by Brandon Radic
Great at keeping the liquid hot (haven't tried cold). Having problems with the lid opening and closing properly. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Randy Dyck
Love it keeps hot drinks hit for hours. Button to keep it from leaking is amazing, Lip on the lid is all around so you have to look for the drink hole before you drink...Published 4 months ago by Kelly Fitzgerald