countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on June 11, 2009
For all of you who are looking to purchase a financial calculator for work or exam purposes, I would definately recommend the TI BA-II Plus. I've been using this calculator since the wee early days of Financial Mathematics in university. As I decided to take the Level 1 CFA Exam, I thought it would be better to get the TI BA-II Plus Professional as it does have a wider range of calculations that it can perform compared to it's less snazzy counterpart. And although, it does indeed do these functions, and looks prettier doing them, my only complaint about this calculator is that the keys are alot stiffer than the TI BA-II Plus. Which basically makes it a pain in the woohoo during an exam when you have a minute and a half per question. I ended up just using my original calculator the entire time. I'd say unless you want to have both of them, save the extra couple of bucks and just pick up the BA-II Plus; skip out on the Pro.
on December 29, 2009
I have used this product specifically for some of the Finance Courses that I was required to take to get my professional designation as a CGA. I love this product due to its ease of use and the flexibility in its functions.

I would recomment it to anyone!
on October 11, 2009
I bought it for my Finance classes and it's really helpful. It is less complicated than other calculators when it comes to calculating financial figures. Totally recommended this !
on August 28, 2014
First of all, I urgently needed the newer version of this calculator but was sent a dated version, which was this version. I tried it, the buttons doesn't feel as nice as the newer version. Number display is smaller as well. I'm returning this and will never buy anything from the seller again.
on July 19, 2011
If you are writing CFA, just buy this one. It works great. Don't waste time figuring out which one to buy. Better spend that time on test prep.
on May 13, 2014
Obviously with TI's dominance of the specialty calculator market we're not going to find unbelievable deals anywhere for their calculators. This one is quite good though. I've been using it in studying for CFA Level 2 and have found it to be very good.

In terms of functions I'm not using anything the basic BA2+ doesn't have. I do like the sturdier construction, easier access to battery (some sort of watch battery, CR 3032) and the firm buttons are quite nice. If you can get it on sale it's a decent deal. The one that arrived for me isn't the silver one from the picture but the black one - I like it though. I'll be leaning on it quite heavily for the next month but I expect it will be just fine. Overall I'm pleased with the calculator, although I certainly think it would be cheaper. But when the difference between the regular model and the professional model isn't much (in price), just go for the pro would be my advice.
on October 13, 2015
Let me state that I did not buy the calculator here - I bought it a long time ago, when I thought of Amazon only for books!

I use the calculator when it is too much trouble to fire up a laptop, and wait to get a number. The calculator is instant, and it works amazingly well in meetings and negotiations.

Recently, due to 'Ailad' spotting the problems with the Casio FC-200V, I have begun to check back whatever I calculate. And though this calculator is exponentially more reliable than the Casio mentioned, it has its bugs. Here is an example for Bond Duration:

Face value: 100
Rate: 7%
Time to maturity: 3 years
Yield: 8%

The Macauly Duration should be 2.7537170245
But the calculator churns it out as 2.647804831

So, friends, don't forget who's taking you home - your trusted old spreadsheet !
on January 4, 2014
Really liked the product and the quality is equal to store-bought products. Strongly recommend a Pro comparing to regular financial calculator, the extra dollar is worth it.
on November 4, 2014
I got the newer (black) version of the calculator. The keys are fine but the LCD is slightly damaged (for the one I got) and the battery cover is extremely difficult to open. Aside from these minor issues, it is a decent calculator and does what it says in the description. The leather case it comes with doesn't do much to protect the calculator, as you can accidentally press the on button. I guess the only improvement to the previous version is the keyboard.
on May 25, 2015
This is an amazing calculator. The only issue I have is that the buttons can be sticky. Makes it a little difficult to do quick calculations. It just takes a little bit of getting use to. The trick is to make sure that the previous key is completely released before typing the next character. I use to type using 3 fingers. However, the calculator would not register all the key strokes. I switching to just using my index finger. it is fine now.