Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 21.07 shipping
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2005 - Xbox
|Price:||CDN$ 48.93 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Revolutionary new TigerProofing system lets you alter courses to create the most competitive experience possible
- Platform: Xbox
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: Xbox
Xbox ~ Tiger Woods Pga Tour 2005
From the Manufacturer
Tiger-Proof your favorite course and change the way the game is played. Using the revolutionary course-altering system, you can create that intensely challenging course you've always dreamed about.
- New TigerProofing: TigerProofing is a revolutionary course-altering system that allows players to modify course dynamics and create the most intensely competitive course imaginable. Alter tee-box length, width and patterns on fairways and greens, the depth of a greenside bunker, and even the color of the leaves on the trees, course moisture and the season which you play.
- Legends Tour: Take on the legends of golf including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Ben Hogan and become a legend yourself!
- EA SPORTS GameFace II: The industry-leading GameFace technology just got a whole lot deeper with more control and freedom to express your creative vision from a youthful prodigy to a grizzled old veteran. Infinite combinations of facial proportions and features, fully customizable body shape and tone and a host of new equipment and accessories to earn to adorn the created player.
- New Courses: Eight new licensed courses and two new fantasy courses have been added for a total of 14 courses--including Coeur d'Alene, Colonial Country Club, Sherwood Country Club, Fancourt Golf Club Estate and Troon North - Monument Course.
- More Players: Compete as or against 15 different PGA TOUR players including Tiger Woods, John Daly, Vijay Singh, Charles Howell III, Notah Begay III, and Jesper Parnevik, among others.
- Total Precision Swing: New putting and chipping systems allow for more control on the green or when you leave an approach shot short.
- Play a Career: In PGA TOUR Season Mode for console versions, play along with the 52-week PGA TOUR calendar of events for up to 10 seasons. Obtain sponsorships from real golf equipment manufacturers throughout your career and drive to surpass Tiger as number one on the overall money list.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
What I like about TW 2005 -
First of all the basic controls are the same and gameplay is almost exactly the same - they did add Tiger vision but I will get back to that later. The graphics are similar and the courses are similar. There are more golfers to choose from - and I am very excited that Natalie Gulbis is added again this year because she is beautiful and she adds alot to the LPGA tour. There are better clothes this year, and more sponsorships
are available in your PGA tour season. Also they added Tiger-proofing, I haven't really gotten really in depth into that so I can't say to much about it but it looks pretty cool.
What I dislike about TW 2005 -
There is basically one thing. The game is too easy. This is where the Tiger-vision comes into play - there is no skill in putting now. They should make the Legends harder. The PGA tour season is too easy. The first tournament I finished 70 strokes ahead of the next person. Other than this I really love this game. I do have one minor complaint. Some of the "fictional" courses have illegal holes. If it is humanly impossible to reach the green in four stokes on a par five that is an illegal hole. I think there is one hole that is a par four and its impossible to reach the green in three strokes too. These are stupid complaints though.
Basically I bought this game because I love the EA Sports Tiger Woods series, if you do as well.....Hurry and buy this game!!
New courses such as Colonial, Troon North Monument, Turnberry. Edgewood at Tahoe.
Cons: Dropped great courses (unless I somehow can't find them), including Torrey Pines, Pinehurst, Bethpage, Royal Birkdale, Spyglass Hill, Sahalee, TPC Scottsdale, and Poppy Hills.
Game play is pretty much idential to preveious years.
Equipment manufacturers OK = Taylor Made, Ping, Cleveland, Callaway, Nike, and this year Dunlop. Also can buy shafts. But where is the big boy of the golf ball market - Titleist?
I'm all for adding improvements in the area of customization for players, but not at the expense of courses to play on. I suggest that if you already have 2004, don't bother buying 2005. If you don't have 2004, 2005 might be a good purchase.
I just confirmed that EA Sports has made this version so that only 2 people, that's right, only TWO can play online at a time. What happened to being able to play 3 other people (4 at a time) online???
Links (from Microsoft) has been out for a year now and one of the best things about that game is that you can have a foursome, just like regular golf.
Tiger Woods 2005 has all the bells and whistles to make a great looking game, however, one of the key selling points for me was being able to play with 4 people online. There are many of us who have been playing Links for the last year waiting for the new Tiger Woods version, and now we are not going to purchase it. It looks like we'll be staying with Links for another year.
Too bad EA Sports, you really dropped the ball on this one.