countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on July 27, 2016
Using in rural Nova Scotia where government sourced "High Speed" provided by Eastlink is expensive and not high speed at all. Dial-up works OK for email, this modem works as well as it possibly can given the noisy telephone lines provided by Bell Aliant.
on June 27, 2011
This device worked perfectly from the first time I used it. It comes with it's own fax app but I found the built-in Microsoft Fax and Scan app to be very easy to use so that's what I've been using. I've used this modem for approximately 2 months and have sent about 30 faxes during that time. It's worked perfectly every time.
on June 14, 2016
Drops faxes about 10% of the time. On the advice of our IT support team, we ordered the US Robotics model and have had no issues. Spend the extra $35 and the US Robotics model has better hardware built into it than this device, apparently.
on June 3, 2013
It's not clearly stated, but this modem is a pure hardware device, and requires no specific installation of any driver or software. Operation is built into most operating systems, and works even through port pass-through to virtual instances.

I haven't had a chance to do any long term evaluation, but it's operating fine after a few weeks. with no unexpected behaviour or problems.
on May 20, 2013
New computer didn't have a built-in modem so this works with dial-up, plus you can send a fax if you wish. I found the writeup a little misleading as it seemed that the modem would allow you to stay on the internet and answer the phone while still connected. You do need to purchase a package that would allow this from your telephone company for this to happen. If the modem actually did this internally, it would be a five-star item. All in all, I'm pleased.
on July 15, 2015
For the price this modem does a terrific job. I am using it connected 24/7 for computer FAX using Windows 7 WinFax. At first, I was having problems to send faxes, but it would receive perfectly. When sending it reported "An Unknown Error Occurred". The fix was to put the modem on a USB3 port; even though it is a USB2 device. I noticed on the USB3 port with this computer a new IRQ address and Port Number was assigned. I tried a different model and manufacture of modem and had the same fault condition when using it on a USB2 port.

Apparently for some reason which I did not investigate to great detail, on this computer when connected to a USB2 port the there was an IRQ COM address conflict. This has to do with Windows with the way the plug and play assigned the modem port in relation to the USB Root HUB, and not the modem itself. This was purely a Windows P&P issue on this particular computer with any other type of modem I tried.

I have three other computers where the exact same modem had no conflicts.

Bottom line, this is a terrific modem for FAX operation. I did not use it as a dial-up connection to a BBS or an Internet provider. For FAX this modem follows the North American protocol. All settings work at default for FAX.

This modem works like a FAX champ!
on January 6, 2012
Finally. A product living up to its hype. This modem's accompanying disc made installation a snap. I've the computer savvy of a newborn, but had the modem operating in mere moments. First rate product - at an easy-to-to-take price.
on March 29, 2014
My new laptop doesn't have fax modem built-in card, however I sometimes need to send/receive faxes (still emails not always accepted). The only solution I considered is fax-via-USB converter. After analyzing different products of this type I came to the conclusion that this is what I need for the following reasons:
1. Price
2. Relatively compact so I can take with no problems it to my trips.
3. Nice look.
I got it and checked. Installation was simple and obvious. It started to work without problems. So I am satisfied. The only negative thing that I think about is USB connector. It is not mini/micro USB.
on March 14, 2015
Item is as I expected it would be,since I owned a similar one from another company,which didn't last long.I'm on a Dialup connection where I get 32 kbPs speed on my desktop computer,whereas I get 26 KbPs with this external modem.When the modem starts it makes an awful screechy noise.which I hope can be remedied somehow! Time will tell.I was impressed with Amazon's efficiency in keeping me informed when item shipped right up to delivery in my mail box.
on August 20, 2011
Bonjour,

J'ai acheté ce modem USB, il a fonctionné correctement pendant 15 jours puis je ne pouvais plus me connecter à internet tellement c'était lent.
J'ai testé internet sur un autre oridnateur et ça fonctionnait très bien, le problème venait donc bien du modem.
Excellent service d'Amazon pour le retour.

See 1 answered question